Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The transfer window opens in 17 days

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Now if I've understood El Pres correctly:-

- The club is under budget and can deal freely.
- The budget constraints going forward have been eased.
- So money of sorts is available. (I appreciate the money in question is just more debt for Tony).

Assuming everything stays the same, how much and on who (position wise) would the club have to spend, to make you think:-

'ok despite my better judgement I'm Team Management Structure'.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Excellent. Who can we get rid of? :)
Only one player.

Which I guess would stop the fighting on the terraces, as EVERYONE will be on the same side.

If on 01.02 the dealing look like:-

In - none
Out - Dunk.

Tony had best not return to Brighton.

Tubby-McFat-Fuc

May 2, 2013
Brighton

- So money of sorts is available. (I appreciate the money in question is just more debt for Tony).

Assuming everything stays the same, how much and on who (position wise) would the club have to spend, to make you think:-

As it stands at the moment, they could spend £30m and nothing will change.

We whole set up is wrong.

Bloom has said we have a squad capable of the play offs. Therefore he needs to think long and hard why we are in the bottom three, adrift, and work out how to put it right. Until he does that, why bother spending more money. It will be good money after bad.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Is it possible to transfer managers?

Sami's available for £1,000 and a set of tracksuits.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
As it stands at the moment, they could spend £30m and nothing will change.

We whole set up is wrong.

Bloom has said we have a squad capable of the play offs. Therefore he needs to think long and hard why we are in the bottom three, adrift, and work out how to put it right. Until he does that, why bother spending more money. It will be good money after bad.

That is true, but the club has left itself open to failure in order to get to this point.
Trading in the transfer window.

It's clearly (I say hopefully) going to spend so what's the minimum that'll have you saying 'I'll stand down, for now'.

For me I'd be pleased if the club went big money, proper big, on an attacking midfielder.
Even though that player of such value is unlikely to come to us, I can but dream.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
or that theyre badly managed

Could be that too but we've not picked great League One players since moving to the Amex. Harley, Vincelot (although he didn't really get a chance), Hoskins (although that was injuries mainly), CMS, Chicksen, Baldock come to mind. But it certainly helps if they're managed. And in fairness, to oppose my original point, Assombalonga cost £5.5 million (which also helps).

jamie the seagull

Jul 27, 2011
Please don't let them spend any more money....
Is it just a coincidence that TB goes to the other side of the world during the transfer window?

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton

Aren't the same FFP limits still in place for this and next season, it's the one after when they start to ease?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Aren't the same FFP limits still in place for this and next season, it's the one after when they start to ease?
Fair enough.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here