Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Protest at Wolves

Kuipers Supporters Club

Feb 10, 2009
GOSBTS
After reading the 'New Generation of BISA' thread:
http://www.northstandchat.com/showt...new-generation-to-start-a-new-version-of-BISA

And now with talk of a protest to boycotting the Reading game on Boxing Day:
http://www.northstandchat.com/showthread.php?314481-Boycott-Reading-game-if-Sami-stays

It is evident that fans want something to be done, but there is disagreement about what should be done, with 56% of fans voting 'no' for a protest - after reading the thread - the main reason was people wanting to get behind the team in what is going to be a crucial festive period if we want to stay up: http://www.northstandchat.com/showthread.php?314416-Protest

We all know something has to happen if the board are not looking to sack Hyypia, a lot of posters have backed TB judgement, but personally IMO we need to voice our opinion.
I've spoken to some fans who suggested we 'boycott' the first five minuets of the game at Wolves - I don't think that is a bad idea, but am aware that this might alienate fans who are anti-Hyypia but don't want to protest during the game as they want to support the team.

Therefore, I have thought of an alternative, it's only small but it's something - have a sit in protest after the game - the team when they come back for the warm down after the game will then be in no doubt the supporters are pro-team but want Hyypia out (97% in the last poll) and that the upper echelons of the club must be restructured (i.e Burke and player recruitment). A sit in protest is a small start, but it is something.

Thoughts?

Last edited:

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
Well I don't mind, my train doesn't leave for another hour.

Will there be tea and biscuits ?

Tubby-McFat-Fuc

May 2, 2013
Brighton
Just bombard their Facebook page. If they get a thousand or so negative comments everytime they advertise something on there (daily), I think that will go a lot further than any booing at games or comments on NSC.

Excellent for those who don't want to boo or have any negativity during a game!

Last edited:

Feb 14, 2010
My thoughts are "oh the drama". Can I say a few things for you to think on:-

1. BISA, the York game, fireworks, fans united, boycotting games and all the rest of it was 2 or 3 years of open revolt that happened after the clubs family silver (the goldstone ground) had been sold and the club was left playing lowest league football 140 miles away from Brighton.
2. We have instead had a chairman who has paid for a new ground, football academy's and is a Brighton fan since birth. He is doing his best.
3. Things have gone wrong this season. It happens, that's football.

Tubby-McFat-Fuc

May 2, 2013
Brighton
My thoughts are "oh the drama". Can I say a few things for you to think on:-

1. BISA, the York game, fireworks, fans united, boycotting games and all the rest of it was 2 or 3 years of open revolt that happened after the clubs family silver (the goldstone ground) had been sold and the club was left playing lowest league football 140 miles away from Brighton.
2. We have instead had a chairman who has paid for a new ground, football academy's and is a Brighton fan since birth. He is doing his best.
3. Things have gone wrong this season. It happens, that's football.
Yer, but that was 1997, we are not in 1997 any more, it's 2014, nearly 2015. You HAVE to stop living in the past mate, and move to the present.

Back then we where shit and we knew we where.

Today we are seriously under-achiving, and the only way for that to stop, is for the chairman to act. Admit he got Hyypia appointment wrong, and admit there is something wrong with the structure of the club, if manager keep wanting out, ala Gus and Oscar.

Feb 14, 2010
Yer, but that was 1997, we are not in 1997 any more, it's 2014, nearly 2015. You HAVE to stop living in the past mate, and move to the present.

Back then we where shit and we knew we where.

Today we are seriously under-achiving, and the only way for that to stop, is for the chairman to act. Admit he got Hyypia appointment wrong, and admit there is something wrong with the structure of the club, if manager keep wanting out, ala Gus and Oscar.

We were only shit because of serial decline from 1984 onwards and then Archer selling the ground. There had been no investment, and little care for the Albion. You cannot say the same about Tony Bloom. So what is it you are complaining about? The team is poor. Fine that happens. The manager not buying the players? I agree there is a balance between not letting a single person have the say on big contracts and the balance needs to be looked at. The manager? Sure, he has done badly, but that happens. Shit, if you were old enough you would remember a certain Brian Clough not fulfilling his or the Albion's potential. He also made a bad job at Leeds, but then at Forest, and the rest is history. This is not living in the past, this is asking you what exactly is it that you think needs a BISA? Because really mate, I dont see it and I was there at BISA meetings and throughout that period.

Dan Aitch

May 31, 2013
I'm not sure a sit-in at an away game makes a lot of sense. We're caught at the wrong time of year for people to just hang about on Boxing Day too.

I like the idea of not buying anything - pies, beer or merchandise. Granted the beer bit might be difficult so let's avoid pies, programmes, hat-tricks and stuff from the shop.

Tubby-McFat-Fuc

May 2, 2013
Brighton
We were only shit because of serial decline from 1984 onwards and then Archer selling the ground. There had been no investment, and little care for the Albion. You cannot say the same about Tony Bloom. So what is it you are complaining about? The team is poor. Fine that happens. The manager not buying the players? I agree there is a balance between not letting a single person have the say on big contracts and the balance needs to be looked at. The manager? Sure, he has done badly, but that happens. Shit, if you were old enough you would remember a certain Brian Clough not fulfilling his or the Albion's potential. He also made a bad job at Leeds, but then at Forest, and the rest is history. This is not living in the past, this is asking you what exactly is it that you think needs a BISA? Because really mate, I dont see it and I was there at BISA meetings and throughout that period.
Where the **** have I said anything about a BISA? You comparing the past with the present is ridiculous. I'll say it what I said again, because you seem to have read something else. In the era you spoke of we were shit. We proped up the football league, and our facilities, set up, players, where at that level. Try and have a word with Doc Brown and get him to bring you from 1997 into 2014, and we have one of the best stadia outside the premiership, we have one of the best training set ups in the country, yet we have one once in 17 games, and not looked like winning a game for a month or so, and the chairman has disappeared and appears to be sticking with the formula, that simply does not work. Ask yourself why Gus wanted out, ask yourself why Oscar wanted out, ask yourself why Hyypia, (and manager who failed in the same spectacular way in his last job, as he appears to be failing here, ) was the best we could get, and why he is still here?

Feb 14, 2010
Where the **** have I said anything about a BISA? You comparing the past with the present is ridiculous. I'll say it what I said again, because you seem to have read something else. In the era you spoke of we were shit. We proped up the football league, and our facilities, set up, players, where at that level. Try and have a word with Doc Brown and get him to bring you from 1997 into 2014, and we have one of the best stadia outside the premiership, we have one of the best training set ups in the country, yet we have one once in 17 games, and not looked like winning a game for a month or so, and the chairman has disappeared and appears to be sticking with the formula, that simply does not work. Ask yourself why Gus wanted out, ask yourself why Oscar wanted out, ask yourself why Hyypia, (and manager who failed in the same spectacular way in his last job, as he appears to be failing here, ) was the best we could get, and why he is still here?

So the complaint is that the managers have left and the team is poor. You then blame Barber for both of those things. I have no idea if Barber is the reason for those things. What I do know is that Bloom pays millions each year to keep the club afloat, has bought a ground and is expanding the club via academies. It really isnt that bad. Sure the team are a waste of space this season, but really that's football. Be careful what you wish for.

Tubby-McFat-Fuc

May 2, 2013
Brighton
So the complaint is that the managers have left and the team is poor. You then blame Barber for both of those things. I have no idea if Barber is the reason for those things. What I do know is that Bloom pays millions each year to keep the club afloat, has bought a ground and is expanding the club via academies. It really isnt that bad. Sure the team are a waste of space this season, but really that's football. Be careful what you wish for.
Are you some sort of :tosser:? You read my post then say I blame Barber, and then go into a waffle, when I have not said that, just like I said nothing about BISA.

Seriously, you are either on a wind up, or just one of the more "special" posters on here. Go Champ! :tosser:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here