• I'm boycotting, enough is enough

Votes: 36 36.0%
  • I'm going, looking forward to the small beer queue

Votes: 64 64.0%

• Total voters

Ian Bairds Fist

Nov 26, 2003
Kingston-upon-Thames
There's been a poll about a protest and several mentions of not going to the Reading match if he stays. There are several ST holders I know that haven't missed a games for months that will not go if Sami is still in the dugout. Would be interesting to see how many of the '24k' are human beings.

Mike Small

Dec 26, 2008
Don't go. The board don't deserve us. They are the most arrogant deluded bunch I can possibly think of and I include our midget Chairman in this

Mike Small

Dec 26, 2008
Got a bit carried away by typing midget but I can't believe SH is still there. It is insulting.

jasetheace

Apr 13, 2011
This my answer in another thread..

Guys, I sense a consensus growing. No Boycott, Get behind the team Boxing Day. But absolutely no purchases in or around the ground. Let us give our shilling to businesses that welcome and do not patronise us like The Swan, Hikers and Lord Nelson. Let us take the message out by all means available to us (twitter etc..) and make it the first genuine campaign of the 'click and collect' era. If we can just get a few 1901ers to follow suit this will hurt Barber in a way that he understands. somebody think of a good hashtag to coalesce around and then let us hit the ether.

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
Think it will be hard boxing day to get the maximum affect. Lots of people going with kids ect with tickets brought so even if ST do not turn up i do not think we will get the affect we want. i believe the away end is pretty full as well.
I am all for some kind of action but Barber will know about it if we hit what he cares about and thats the finances.
Although travel of boxing day is a mare. Any ideas how to get back to Lewes at all as i believe there are no trains.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Pointless. Apart from anything else Boxing Day will be a big crowd turnout so it really wouldn't work. A walk out after 40 minutes maybe?

Bombadier Botty

Complete Twaddle
Jun 2, 2008
This my answer in another thread..

Guys, I sense a consensus growing. No Boycott, Get behind the team Boxing Day. But absolutely no purchases in or around the ground. Let us give our shilling to businesses that welcome and do not patronise us like The Swan, Hikers and Lord Nelson. Let us take the message out by all means available to us (twitter etc..) and make it the first genuine campaign of the 'click and collect' era. If we can just get a few 1901ers to follow suit this will hurt Barber in a way that he understands. somebody think of a good hashtag to coalesce around and then let us hit the ether.

It never happens, the lemmings will always be there, queing up for shit beer and overpriced concourse food no matter what is posted on here.

pauli cee

Jan 21, 2009
worthing
Think people still need to go to support the team, quite like the idea of no one spending any money in the stadium as a protest tho'. (hip flask at the ready....)

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
As I posted on the other thread

We have had boxing day matches rescheduled, because of transport links, fans have been upset by this and this year the club have (probably at significant cost to the club) arranged for transport links to ensure we get that boxing day home game.

If attendances aren't that big, why would they bother going to such trouble next year, or the year after? It's each fans choice, if they want to boycott, but be aware of the potential knock on effect.

[and in response to the points about it being the clubs fault/if they get rid of the fin it'll all be fine, etc]

It won't matter whose fault it is. The decision will have to be made early the train and bus companies will want as much notice as possible, fans hate short notice change to fixtures due to advance ticket deals etc. So the club will look at it as two options:

1) Spend a significant sum re-arranging a match and risk that we're not winning so fans don't bother showing up again and we lose money, or we're winning and potential profits are eaten into because of the extra travel costs
2) Rearrange the fixture save money not having to fund bank holiday transport, if we're losing fans don't show up we lose no extra money on top of the low attendance cost, or we're winning and fans pack the place even though it's not boxing day.

They will look at the cost/reward and could well decide it's not worth it.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
I think it will be a low crowd anyway. I know of a lot of fans not going because of family commitments, add the travel situation and there you have it.
I appreciate quite a few are boycotting, but wonder how many of those were actually going to attend if the on pitch situation had been rosy.
I am bucking the trend, i am bringing one extra.:thumbsup:

mwrpoole

Sep 10, 2010
Sevenoaks
Boxing day will always be a bumper crowd, just because of the occasion. I don't think we play at home again until mid January and if nothing has happened on or off the pitch by then I can foresee a boycott of sorts. Only having 16-17k through the turnstiles for a Tuesday evening vs Wigan or Friday night vs Millwall when its on SKY can be sort of explained in a clutching at straws sort of way. Only having 16-17k for a 3pm Saturday can't be ignored, I'd like to think so anyway.

tomfitz12

CTRL+W to change this
Nov 25, 2012
southwick
I think it will be a low crowd anyway. I know of a lot of fans not going because of family commitments, add the travel situation and there you have it.
I appreciate quite a few are boycotting, but wonder how many of those were actually going to attend if the on pitch situation had been rosy.

same here. got an extra 5 with me :lolol: least it will be easy to get tickets haha

essbee

Jan 5, 2005

Does your extra friend suffer from insomnia?

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
As I posted on the other thread

[and in response to the points about it being the clubs fault/if they get rid of the fin it'll all be fine, etc]

Do the club have a choice? I thought the Football League insisted they must ensure the home boxing-day fixture go ahead this season.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Boxing Day always attracts bumper crowds regardless of league position...Maybe the following home game would be better?
Jones needs to go aswell :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here