Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bin the Finn - get Mullers in.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Funnily enough, I was musing out loud at the Millwall match about whether Mullers could step in as the experienced No 2 for a short stint.

twowheelsbest

Nov 1, 2009
Brighton
As I said in another thread - Sol Campbell with Mullers as his mentor

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Once again Hove born & Bred shows the argument for effective methods of contraception..

el punal

I know we're desperate, but really? Mullers is an absolute Albion legend and in my view the best manager that we've ever had. But, firstly, would HE want it? Secondly, I'm sure that out in the big wide world there are candidates who are currently involved and up to speed with managing/coaching at present. I don't think Mullers is.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Go into your content management system and replace what you wrote with this version so, at least, you get a response to your main point and not just criticism at your appalling writing.

You're welcome.

Almost 48 hours after Albion’s dreadful home defeat to Millwall, Sami Hyypia remains as manager of the club.

The Seagulls have won only one league game since the end of August and, with Millwall worthy victors, are no longer even unlucky in defeat.

Chairman Tony Bloom, who is likely to expected be en route his regular winter sabbatical in Australia, is not one for making hasty appointments. If Hyppia is to depart, which now seems almost inevitable, then Bloom and his board will need to ensure they appoint the right successor, which could take some time.

If Nathan Jones were to depart the club along with Hyypia then who could fill the void as caretaker manager?

Good old dependable Martin Hinshelwood is no longer at the club, so Albion may be hard pressed to temporarily promote from within.

However, there is one man within the clubs ranks who should be considered - the most successful manager in the clubs history. Despite his advancing years he still captivates Albion fans at every home game where he speaks about both the Seagulls and the game in general with great passion and verve.

In the interim, and until the festive season is over, Albion could do a lot worse than appoint current club ambassador Alan Mullery as caretaker manager.

Mullery may have been out of the professional game for more than 25 years but would he really do any worse than the current incumbent?

Anyone who has heard him speak in the Amex lounges both pre and post-match will know he retains a sharp and imaginative footballing mind, and he is around the same age as the late Bobby Robson was when he managed Newcastle in the Premier League.

The Albion need a shake up and Mullery, albeit temporarily , could be the man to nurse the club through this difficult period.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
All this talk about appointing Alan Mullery is old hat I suggested him as SH no2 about 2 months ago and was slated mercisly but now everybody seems to see it as a good short term fix. For what it is worth I would think the club have been meeting people over the weekend and a parting of the ways will be announced Monday morning and an appointment later in the day or Tuesday so no need for a caretaker manager, well thats what I would do. The only remaining question is SH does he resign or be sacked this decision is compensation orientated. I fail to see how a manager can expect compo when he has been sacked because he failed to do his job satisfactorily but they do.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
OP. Your careless & haphazard use of commas is shocking. I hope all the commas around the world take notice and unite to take firm action against you. In an activity guided by swarm intelligence, they would amalgamate in to one giant comma which would bounce around chasing you up and down the Old Shoreham Road until finally you were squished. All that would remain next to your flattened corpse would be a single, lonely full stop along with the words 'Hove Born Now Dead'. Please stop abusing commas.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
I'm up for a Mullers and Virgo double bill as interim and then see how Virgo gets on!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here