Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Somebody post up that Vicente video...

jasetheace

Apr 13, 2011
You know the one...the one with the piano music from This is England. The mods will take it down in minutes but at least we can quickly cheer ourselves up:tosser:

carteater

Jan 1, 2014
West Sussex
The 11/12 season seems a lifetime ago already.
To have that squad back...

I think 2012/13s squad was better, but I don't think there will be a season like 11/12 again, just the sheer buzz of the new stadium which won't happen again, unless the amex is sold and we go back to withdean for 14 years...

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
Bloody hell we right managed to screw this up didn't we?

Lovely intelligent football, a wonderful stadium to showcase it in and happy smiling faces all pulling in the same direction. It all seemed inevitable until someone sh*t on a dressing room floor. Arse.

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
The days when we had a passing style of play with emphasis on possession that was going to be the same through all age groups. Is that still the philosophy? It was great to watch.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
How did we ever even get a player of his ability? Remember when we had players of Vicente's ability?! Now we have Gary Gardner..

That video is so sad. We had such a great team under Poyet and I haven't even really appreciated just how good we were until recent times.

We were- as Oscar said when he signed- one of the most progressive clubs around. We had an identity. Teams were scared to play Brighton. Even under Garcia, when our squad was significantly weakened, we played good football, not necessarily entertaining, but disciplined play that saw a pretty average side make the play-offs.

We seem to have gone back 5 years recently though. We've gone from a great keeper with top level experience to a guy that has been a massive underachiever for his whole career, and with £1 million going out to replace a very good Championship keeper to an average one.

We've missed the solidity of Ward. He wasn't the best going forward but he always tracked back and did his defensive duties, unlike Bennett and Chicksen. And we've missed the passion and guts of players like Barnes and El-Abd for players who don't give a shit about the club or whether we win or lose.

And of course we've missed Ulloa. We'll be lucky if we find another striker as good as him for as cheap as he was in the next 10 years.

But I digress, I really thought it was a matter of time until we made the step up, but we have regressed so much in such a short space of time. The squad and the club have had their insides ripped out. It's pretty heart-wrenching to see.

Sorry I am absolutely smashed.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Bloody hell we right managed to screw this up didn't we?

Lovely intelligent football, a wonderful stadium to showcase it in and happy smiling faces all pulling in the same direction. It all seemed inevitable until Barber came in and pissed Poyet right off by completely changing his job description from under him.
Corrected.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here