Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

God what a sodding mess!

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
Man I've got the blues... and I wasn't raised in no shack by the railway tracks...

I couldn't sleep last night churning over and over how things have regressed since Poyetgate, we're revolving down the plughole and devolving so rapidly I actually feel ill with motion sickness.

No club has a divine right to succeed, you come up, you go down, but the 'how' and 'why' are massively important to us mere fans. How and why? hmmmm I have no inside knowledge etc. but seemingly player recruitment is a mess, the squad is a mess, the management team a mess and the players a mess. What's more disheartening is seeing the Amex empty, like so many unfulfilled dreams, and the home support fighting amongst one another, whilst the Millwall 'hard b a s t a r d s elect' scratch their shaved heads at the futility of it all.

Then you read NSC and it's a little like going back a long, long time ago... ok it's not that bad, but something feels wrong, very wrong. No comment, no comment, and no direction. Tony said Sami was/is the man, and after last night he needed to act and give an indication of the 'inside' thinking. Then we'd know - out of or indeed deeper into despair... the least he/they could do is tell us. The alternative is pure agony.

Horrible truth be told none us know a f'ing thing... will a change of manager even work? God knows... Oh for a time machine, a roll of bog paper and quick wipe around a dressing room of yore oh and a fit/motivated Vicente naturally.

Kosh

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Reflects the way I feel too. I didn't get much sleep last night either, despite coming home the worse for alcoholic wear.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
I care about what happens, but losing sleep?
It is not that important, family, work etc. but football, no, feel pissed off and disappointed but that's all.

francois123

Jan 18, 2011
I have been supporting since the 1950's and I didn't sleep either. I may have worded it all differently but you got it spot on. As for Oz Mike I
just hope that as a true fan you would have lost sleep also if you could experience it first hand. It is dire.

bravohotelalpha

Jan 23, 2011
Good Old Sussex By The Sea
I have been supporting since the 1950's and I didn't sleep either. I may have worded it all differently but you got it spot on. As for Oz Mike I
just hope that as a true fan you would have lost sleep also if you could experience it first hand. It is dire.

Francois123 is right. I have not been able to use my season ticket for the past 3 months due to baby granddaughter's very serious illness - so I have been listening to radio commentary instead. Happily baby is now on the mend and so I was able to go to the Millwall match. Well seeing things with my own eyes gave me a whole new perspective. I knew things were very bad but I only realised just how bad after seeing for myself on Friday night.

But yes oz mike, it was my granddaughters plight which gave me sleepless nights - not the plight of the Albion - yet ...

Keep the faith peeps, keep the faith

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
I care about what happens, but losing sleep?
It is not that important, family, work etc. but football, no, feel pissed off and disappointed but that's all.

This. Watching the football is a release from the important things in life that genuinely are stressful. You really shouldn't be losing sleep over it; no-one will die if we get relegated and you won't lose your job.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
This. Watching the football is a release from the important things in life that genuinely are stressful. You really shouldn't be losing sleep over it; no-one will die if we get relegated and you won't lose your job.

Indeed, I also couldn't sleep due to a horrific cold, and two children who I love more than the world suffering too - that said the churning of the Albion seas was never far from my mind. Yes it's only football, but this is a football forum and not really a place for airing ones personal 'issues.'

I'm not sure why the lack of sleep thing seems to have grabbed the attention herein, the thoughts thereafter are the crux yes? Who gives a rats ass if I slept or not?!? the sentiments are in my scared opinion: correct.

You want to take Kosh out on the road and really open him up? interesting I'm sure (yeah) but not entirely relevant to how I feel about the Albion, especially here on an Albion forum.

You've got your troubles, I've got mine...

Kosh

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
League 1 would be nightmare not a one off sleepless night. Teams would raise their game at the Amex bring more support etc etc we could be stuck down there for years.

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful
I slept well because on Friday night I realised, in a road to Damascus moment' that our players are not good enough. We could and should have won, as against Cardiff, but didn't, missed opportunities. The players to my observation were trying very hard, but they just don't have it. This season thus far has been ruined by the decisions of the executive, some of their decisions have been almost criminal, the signing of COG and Toko being the most obvious.

So now I sleep well because I have come to terms with where we are and there is no conflict in my mind. I will support my club as ever but expect much of the same for the rest of the season.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
1. I like the plan that we will get the Academy playing the same as the first team and there will be a seamless transition for young players into the first team.

2. I like the transfer business being not totally in the hands of the manager - so on change of manager we are not starting again. The transfer team needs to work with the manager to bring in the players he needs - within the overall budget.

3. I like the fact we have a close eye on the costs. We need to work as much as a business as we can in this crazy world.

4. I like the fact we have someone in from outside of UK football to take a fresh eye on how we market the club to new generations of fans.

5. I am unbelievably happy we have a chairman with pockets deep enough to build a stadium and training ground. Long may that continue.

6. I am very happy going to the Amex for our home games. It is a frankly unbelievable turnaround. I am delighted we have a new training ground.

7. I am not very happy about what is going on the pitch. Our manager does seem to be able to get 11 players playing as a team. He appears to be turning them into poor players. If it continues like it is we are going down. That will not be the end of the world. Not every Club improves each season, we had a great opportunity and were not able to take it.

8. When I talk to fellow fans around and about the talk is mostly of the football. Very few have the anger that is common on NSC.

9. I like it when I hear that Brighton are known for their passing game. It is the type of football I want to see.

10. I have no contacts that give me any insight into what happens behind the scenes. From my perspective - I have few concerns. We seem to have good people working at the Club. If there are issues I am sure they are working hard to improve things.

11. Subject to 7. I would like to see some managerial stability so a team can be built with our own players.

This is a longer list than planned. I just want to point out that I am not happy with what is on the pitch, but I am not over-concerned about what is happening off it. Perhaps I am missing something.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
1. I like the plan that we will get the Academy playing the same as the first team and there will be a seamless transition for young players into the first team.

2. I like the transfer business being not totally in the hands of the manager - so on change of manager we are not starting again. The transfer team needs to work with the manager to bring in the players he needs - within the overall budget.

3. I like the fact we have a close eye on the costs. We need to work as much as a business as we can in this crazy world.

4. I like the fact we have someone in from outside of UK football to take a fresh eye on how we market the club to new generations of fans.

5. I am unbelievably happy we have a chairman with pockets deep enough to build a stadium and training ground. Long may that continue.

6. I am very happy going to the Amex for our home games. It is a frankly unbelievable turnaround. I am delighted we have a new training ground.

7. I am not very happy about what is going on the pitch. Our manager does seem to be able to get 11 players playing as a team. He appears to be turning them into poor players. If it continues like it is we are going down. That will not be the end of the world. Not every Club improves each season, we had a great opportunity and were not able to take it.

8. When I talk to fellow fans around and about the talk is mostly of the football. Very few have the anger that is common on NSC.

9. I like it when I hear that Brighton are known for their passing game. It is the type of football I want to see.

10. I have no contacts that give me any insight into what happens behind the scenes. From my perspective - I have few concerns. We seem to have good people working at the Club. If there are issues I am sure they are working hard to improve things.

11. Subject to 7. I would like to see some managerial stability so a team can be built with our own players.

This is a longer list than planned. I just want to point out that I am not happy with what is on the pitch, but I am not over-concerned about what is happening off it. Perhaps I am missing something.

I must stress I am certainly not angry, but saddened. I certainly bear no pitchfork wielding mob mentality towards the board, Sami et al. I do however remain frustrated by the apparent status quo, but your rather erudite list accurately reflects my overall position and feelings.

Another top post, by a long standing and top contributor - well said DKM, well said.

Kosh

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
It is interesting isn't it? I had interrupted sleep on the eve of all of our play-off semis over the past two years but now I don't currently lose sleep even with our predicament. No doubt I will if we require a last day victory to stay up but something inside of me tells me we aren't that bad; just need a new focussed and motivating manager and a couple of January signings and we will be OK.

With all the nonsense going on in the World it is also worth remembering that, after all it's only a game!

TNBA

TTF

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
It is interesting isn't it? I had interrupted sleep on the eve of all of our play-off semis over the past two years but now I don't currently lose sleep even with our predicament. No doubt I will if we require a last day victory to stay up but something inside of me tells me we aren't that bad; just need a new focussed and motivating manager and a couple of January signings and we will be OK.

With all the nonsense going on in the World it is also worth remembering that, after all it's only a game!

TNBA

TTF

Naturally I agree. Alas we all get snared by our passion on occasion, it removes perspective yes, it makes mountains where only mole hills lie yet it makes us human too.

Yes there is far more in this world over which tears should be shed, yet I'm invested in this relationship to the point I can no longer tell wood from tree - today I remain lost, the compass broke the map torn asunder, the forest is endless... rudderless I wander akin to some screaming banshee of lore.

Kosh

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here