Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Why we are in the bottom 3...

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
We still shouldn't be in the bottom 3 with the players we have plastic or not.

Why not ?, they are clearly not good enough All this talk of we are too good to be where we are including from the management is a clear sign that they have not taken on board the task needed to get us out of a relegation fight

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Nice picture, but our current squad with a competent manager is mid table at worst.

narly101

Feb 16, 2009
London
The actual real reason we are in the bottom 3 is because of Nike. With Errea we were continually on the up. As soon as we started negotiation and considering changing the kit manufacturer it all started going Pete.

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
One of the worries is that in the past three seasons or so Brighton has been seen by the outside world as an ambitious club that is on the up. I have a huge problem with Gus's behaviour in the last phase of his time here but at least he seemed to attract talented players who were hungry for success.

I know players are blown away by the training facilities and the quality of the stadium, but do we really come across as a club for ambitious players these days? We're rapidly losing momentum and it could take years to get it back. I've always backed Tony's judgement but I'm really struggling to see why he doesn't feel it's time to make a change. In fact that time was probably a month or more ago.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Wow! Looking at those players shows how far the standard has dropped. Just wish the club would stop banging on about how premiership ready we are. We most certainly are not !.
Will people just let this PLR stuff go? It was mentioned in one article from about 12-18 months ago - to fill a few column inches on a quiet sports news day in the argus - about an internal buzz phrase that PB was using to motivate the non-playing staff.

At worst it was slightly Brentish, but the club have certainly not been banging on about it.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
We won't be Premier League Ready for a very long time, given the current mess, unless Tony spends big to stay in the division next month, and also brings someone in to replace Sami.

We are showing we are not even Championship Ready.

brightonmark1234

Feb 9, 2010
Worthing
we are in the bottom 3 because we make it so easy for the other teams and our tactics are shocking and we are so predictable
we didnt really strenghen in the summer
i feel we panic brought

Last edited:

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Also worth noting that Gus Poyet signed virtually everyone of these players. Who has Burke been responsible for signing?

Is that tongue in cheek? Are you saying all those players were scouted by GP and that he identified them as targets for the club?

Bridcutt turned up for a trial and effectively fell into GPs lap and, but for an injury to Navarro, probably wouldn't have got a chance. Barnes was a youngster untested at the level we were at. Ulloa was a gamble that paid off. As for Upson, Ward, did GP ring round checking to see who was available on loan. Orlandi was a known quantity but came cheap because of his injury record, which, unfortunately, he maintained, and SD probably only had one great half season out of the two years he was here. His season only kick started, if I recall, when he was forced to play full back due to injuries. Last season was a write off.

You're forgetting Ryan Harley

And after his South American sojourn, Christian Baz and Agustien Battipiedi.

Apart from the loan signings in the montage, the others, with possibly the exception of Buckley and Orlandi, were all unproven.

Last edited:

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Also worth noting that Gus Poyet signed virtually everyone of these players. Who has Burke been responsible for signing?

The second-best striker I've ever seen play for the Albion.
And Stephen Ward.

We offered four of those players new contracts and they turned us down.
Your drum is shit.

Peter_Taylor

Dec 7, 2014
Storrington
The manager puts the players in a position where by they have no confidence. No motivation to play for that manager and therefore don't play to their full potential. You can't blame players for what is going on at the moment. Look at Bournemouth.

I think that we the supporters need to take some of the blame for the lack of confidence of the players. It isn't going to help getting the sort of abuse that they have this season. Anyone want to hazard a guess how many more points we would have if the team had got our full support?

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
I think that we the supporters need to take some of the blame for the lack of confidence of the players. It isn't going to help getting the sort of abuse that they have this season. Anyone want to hazard a guess how many more points we would have if the team had got our full support?

How many fans would have reminded patient falling into the bottom 3 having won 3 games? Personally I'm amazed the abuse wasn't worse prior to the Millwall game.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla

Zero, One at a push?

How many more points would we have with a half decent manager in charge ? 15 ? 20 ?

The core issue really needs to be addressed, no point in fiddling while the Amex dream burns.

Peter_Taylor

Dec 7, 2014
Storrington
Zero, One at a push?

How many more points would we have with a half decent manager in charge ? 15 ? 20 ?

The core issue really needs to be addressed, no point in fiddling while the Amex dream burns.

On Friday, when the Millwall goal went in and the 'fans' got on the players backs I knew that there was no chance of the team being lifted to go on and beat a very poor Millwall team. Even at half pace we very nearly got a point. For me that was 3 points lost due to the 'boo boys'.

With that 3 points we wouldn't be bottom 3. Ok, so the problem are a little deeper but the Tread is 'Why we are in the bottom 3'

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove

Tedious fishing again. About time you tried a different tack. This one is as old as [MENTION=3734]Giraffe[/MENTION]'s 'balanced' view on club management.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Will people just let this PLR stuff go? It was mentioned in one article from about 12-18 months ago - to fill a few column inches on a quiet sports news day in the argus - about an internal buzz phrase that PB was using to motivate the non-playing staff.

At worst it was slightly Brentish, but the club have certainly not been banging on about it.

Why did he ever say it then ??? best to have kept his mouth shut and just continue with project money maker. Saying what he did just raised fans expectations

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
On Friday, when the Millwall goal went in and the 'fans' got on the players backs I knew that there was no chance of the team being lifted to go on and beat a very poor Millwall team. Even at half pace we very nearly got a point. For me that was 3 points lost due to the 'boo boys'.

With that 3 points we wouldn't be bottom 3. Ok, so the problem are a little deeper but the Tread is 'Why we are in the bottom 3'

Do you actually go to games ?

el punal

We are in the bottom 3 because we've only won 3 out 21 league games. The reasons for this can be gleaned from the thousands of posts on this board. Once you've sifted through that lot you will able to draw your own conclusions.

Once that's done you can enter NSC's favourite competition called THE BLAME GAME, where anyone and everyone is a target and is totally useless.

In order to leave the competition you must do one the following :

1. Tear up your season ticket (I suggest that you use scissors) and cancel your direct debit with the bank (if that's how you pay for it)

2. Make an emotional public statement announcing that you will never set foot in the Amex again to watch this rubbish.

3. Make up a banner using an old sheet or, if you're a cheapskate a piece of cardboard, on which you write ---------- out!! Select your favourite blame name and insert accordingly.

or 4. That you remain calm, rational and ride the storm out but insist on blind devotion in cheering the team on both home and away.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Why did he ever say it then ??? best to have kept his mouth shut and just continue with project money maker. Saying what he did just raised fans expectations

Because, at the time, he underestimated the ability of our fans to hold him to everything he ever says, even when not directed at fans and taken out of context. See also the fans/customers whinge fest.

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
Wow! Looking at those players shows how far the standard has dropped. Just wish the club would stop banging on about how premiership ready we are.

Please can you link me to some of these recent examples of the club saying we are premier league ready ?

I must keep missing them because the only ones i have seen referring to this are people on this site who keep raising it as a dig at the club even though the club have never used it towards fans but only as an internal thing in terms of ensuring that everything they were trying to do was to the highest standard (like the training ground)

There seems to be a lot of blurring of what the club are saying / not saying and what they are being accused of saying and / or having things made up by some fans and this has been twisted into fact (as you seem to imply the club keep commumicating this to fans) and then fans use this false examples as proof that the club is out of touch and in need of major fan intervention to save it, etc..... and / or something is seriously wrong with it / particular staff members, etc...

There is a lot of BS being posted that is being taken at face value and used to stir up anti feelings, be it the club, Barber, Burke or whoever. It's being done because some people have an agenda against certain individuals so please don't believe every negative thing you read about the club on here

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here