Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Clueless

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
The club is clueless from top to bottom.

Over the past year we have Sold over 15m worth of players to the premier league & have replaced them with players from league 1.
And also lets face it if there was no limit on how many loan players we could have in our matchday squad we would have more loan players than contracted players in the starting lineup.

Most sensible people would accept that we over achieved last season finishing sixth so what did we do ,sell the only remaining players that we could get cash for.

Clueless

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
I don't necessarily agree with our summer transfer dealings, but can we remember that most, if not all the players we sold for cash went to Prem clubs - we simply can't compete with their budgets or the chance to play in the Prem. If they come a-knockin' then we're hard pressed to offer better.

el punal

The club is clueless from top to bottom.

Over the past year we have Sold over 15m worth of players to the premier league & have replaced them with players from league 1.
And also lets face it if there was no limit on how many loan players we could have in our matchday squad we would have more loan players than contracted players in the starting lineup.

Most sensible people would accept that we over achieved last season finishing sixth so what did we do ,sell the only remaining players that we could get cash for.

Clueless

Thanks for that!

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
I don't necessarily agree with our summer transfer dealings, but can we remember that most, if not all the players we sold for cash went to Prem clubs - we simply can't compete with their budgets or the chance to play in the Prem. If they come a-knockin' then we're hard pressed to offer better.

When a player is under contract you don't have to compete.

I cannot recall over the last 10 years us receiving a bid for one or our players & us turning them down.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011

I cannot recall over the last 10 years us receiving a bid for one or our players & us turning them down.

Ulloa? He went eventually but we got a lot more than Leicesters (apparently) initial bid.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

We turned down bids at various times, for Leo, Buckley, Barnes, Noone, Bridcutt off the top of my head.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton

Yeah, because Buckley and Bridcutt showed the greatest professionalism, once they'd had their heads turned. Buckley was so useless last year, I'm surprised we got the money we did for him.

Once those two decided to leave we were left paying wages to shit players, whilst their values slowly decreased. If you don't understand that the power lies with the players in this situation, then it is you that is the clueless one. We can't force someone to play for us.

Cloughie

Jun 7, 2009
We advertise ourselves as such a club to potential signings. "If you're good for us and someone comes in with a fair offer, we'll listen to it". That's common sense and is a plus for potential, ambitious players. Trouble is, we missed out on those this summer.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011

swervy_123

Dec 2, 2009
brighton
Funny how Derby kept all their players and added to their squad ,what did we do ? That's the clubs spin to appease us fans we couldn't keep them bullshit ,most were on long contracts if we didn't want to sell we didn't have to ,if you have ambition you keep the best and add to them not destroy the whole set up for a few quid . Says it all really on which way we are going.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Ulloa? He went eventually but we got a lot more than Leicesters (apparently) initial bid.

I think we can all agree that on the whole we've done well recently with the fees received for transfers, we seem to have that bit sorted, where we do seem to be failing miserably at the moment is with recruiting talent. We've been linked to some fairly talented players but failed to get them over the line. I'm sure if we'd secured the services of Grabban, Odubajo, Ward and Clayton we'd be in a different position altogether. A squad full of journeymen and loanees was never going to be good enough, we had the momentum and we needed to keep it going, we were an attractive club showing a lot of promise and desire. The 18 month slide since Poyet left has been remarkable, at the moment penny pinching on deals for the aforementioned players is looking like a gamble Tony has lost, I really worry for the future of the Albion as I don't know if it can sustain 3rd tier football in such an expensive stadium. We're going through managers like nobody's business, it's deeply concerning that we can't get one to stay, something is wrong within the club, whatever it is it needs sorting before it's too late.

All in my opinion, of course.

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
We turned down bids at various times, for Leo, Buckley, Barnes, Noone, Bridcutt off the top of my head.

In recent times bridcutt got the ball rolling.If we had stuck to our guns & said he is not for sale & let him sulk for a few weeks then other players we had who were the subject of offers from other teams may not have downed tools like they did.

The beauty of our current predicament is that Dunk aside we don't have any players that any other team would want to buy.

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
In recent times bridcutt got the ball rolling.If we had stuck to our guns & said he is not for sale & let him sulk for a few weeks then other players we had who were the subject of offers from other teams may not have downed tools like they did.

The beauty of our current predicament is that Dunk aside we don't have any players that any other team would want to buy.

March in January

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patreon
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Yeah, because Buckley and Bridcutt showed the greatest professionalism, once they'd had their heads turned. Buckley was so useless last year, I'm surprised we got the money we did for him.

Once those two decided to leave we were left paying wages to shit players, whilst their values slowly decreased. If you don't understand that the power lies with the players in this situation, then it is you that is the clueless one. We can't force someone to play for us.
You are absolutely correct right now. Players seem to hold all the cards.

Maybe someone, somewhere will have the balls to tell a player, 'Fxxk you, you signed the 4 year contract and took the big wage, and now six months later you wanna go? Go rot in the reserves you silly txxt, we lose the wages but you lose the opportunity. Alternatively you could run your arse off for the next 12 months and we could rethink things then? Up to you........

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
You are absolutely correct right now. Players seem to hold all the cards.

Maybe someone, somewhere will have the balls to tell a player, 'Fxxk you, you signed the 4 year contract and took the big wage, and now six months later you wanna go? Go rot in the reserves you silly txxt, we lose the wages but you lose the opportunity. Alternatively you could run your arse off for the next 12 months and we could rethink things then? Up to you........

You're right.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here