Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The signs were there ....

The Stout Yeoman

Master Farter
Aug 14, 2003
59 Le Petomane Boulevard
I knew we were in for a bad night last night when I checked my emails whilst on the Mithras House Park and Ride bus. I opened an email from the club which gave the pre match brief for tomorrows (Saturday) game ....:nono:

Upon arrival at the ground I headed for the WSL (South End) food kiosk to secure myself a 'pulled pork sandwich'. (My previous attempt a couple of weeks earlier failed when the "salesman" who clearly had a problem understanding me (and presumably everybody else who asked him for the same item) proceeded to sell me a pork pie (which they don't sell))... Anyhoo with confidence I asked for 'A pulled pork sandwich and a Mars bar please my good man'. My faith in his salesmanship seemed well placed when he smiled at me and walked towards the hot food area. Unfortunately my faith was misguided as he returned 2 seconds later and said something that sounded like "Pob pob pob"...undetered by this I repeated my request and indicated that the pulled pork sandwich was the second item from the bottom on the menu. He smiled once more turned round headed back to the hot food area .... stopping on the way to ask a collegue where the pulled pork sandwiche's were which was knowlegably pointed out to him. Having selected my hearts desire he gleefully returned with said item handed it over and rang up the sandwich on the till. At this stage I reminded him I also wanted a Mars bar ... he smiled ... turned around and returned with a bag of Maltesers :facepalm: (if you are keeping up with this well done)
I repeated my request for a Mars bar .... cue ?????? from the salesman. I then pointed out a Mars bar to him :thumbsup:
At this stage I asked if the Maltesers (which he'd already rung up)were more expensive than the Mars bar. Confused once more he then went and got his supervisor and explained what he had done and asked her how to rectify the
situation...
The lady supervisor then turned round and asked ME how much she owed me !!:lolol:

Is there no training required in the food sales industry these days ?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here