Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bournemouth......how to do It?

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
shrewd signings and top coaching - simple as that really.

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
Good luck to them and I don't begrudge them their current success. But I have a feeling it's going to unravel in a Pompey-esque way at some point. Can't see how the sums are adding up.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Good luck to them and I don't begrudge them their current success. But I have a feeling it's going to unravel in a Pompey-esque way at some point. Can't see how the sums are adding up.

They don't - seemingly the reason they they're in danger of failing* FFP

*I don't know if their results have been published yet, just what the media have said.

The Camel

Nov 1, 2010
Darlington, UK
I've said it 100s of times, and I'll say it once more.

What on earth is wrong with a rich man spending some of his money on buying players/paying wages for a football team he owns?

If they are borrowing money to fund this fair enough, punish them. But if it's this rich Russian they've got on board spending 0.1% of his wealth, good luck to them.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
If they get in the Premier League even for one season FFP becomes irrelevant as they rake in TV money and parachute payments. Let's face it, Sky are going to w**k themselves silly if little Bournemouth go up so they'll probably get an even bigger local fanbase for the long term too.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I laughed at the beginning of last season when their chairman said the Premier League was their goal. There is no way that was ever going to happen, lots of hot air from the chairman I thought. Looks like they are one of three teams heading for the top two places on half a season's form

matt

Mar 19, 2007
I wouldn't get too carried away that Bournemouth are the example we should be following. They are having an exceptionally good season and we are having an excruciatingly crud one, and they will finish above us for the first time in quite a long time. That doesn't make them a yardstick for us IMHO.

No mention of vastly overspending what they have not got .But apart from that agree.

But their owner has got it.

And is in with a fair shout now of being able to totally restructure the club financially with the Prem hundred-millions.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
I wouldn't get too carried away that Bournemouth are the example we should be following. They are having an exceptionally good season and we are having an excruciatingly crud one, and they will finish above us for the first time in quite a long time. That doesn't make them a yardstick for us IMHO.
Agreed. Bournemouth is not the club we should be aiming to emulate.

Good luck to them and I don't begrudge them their current success. But I have a feeling it's going to unravel in a Pompey-esque way at some point.

They rely on one man, we rely on one man. It's the same roll of the dice. One man decides to change his mind and do something else....

Top of the league with two defenders deemed not good enough for Brighton. Boy are we clever??

That's the definite sucker punch right there.

Hold my hands up, didn't think Elphick was mobile enough to take a side up to the Prem. Good for him if he manages it, always liked what I saw of Cook since the Man City game.

The Camel

Nov 1, 2010
Darlington, UK
Top of the league with two defenders deemed not good enough for Brighton. Boy are we clever??

I'll agree that it was probably a mistake to sell Elphick.

But did anyone honestly see Steve Cook as anything but a League 1/2 defender? His improvement has been amazing. Hats off to him.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Er Why? They are top of the division, scoring goals, Man United, Liverpool, Arsenal , Citeh in their sight while we cannot score for toffee, relegation fodder looking forward to third tier football. Why should we NOT want to be in their Position? We have wanted it since the move to The Amex. Good luck to them small club living the dream.....are we any different in our Aspirations?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here