Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Perspective from a lifelong fan who watched a game for the first time this season

Balders

Aug 19, 2013
Been following our demise on here and actually managed to watch last night's game - ummmm you're all not far wrong!

A few observations:

Everything we did was laboured - even in the final 3rd - no incisive one touch or urgency to take their immobile back 4 apart

We are very good with our backs to goal playing 5yd passes

Why did Gardner and JFC sit so deep in front of Dunk/Halford leaving gaps everywhere in midfield?

With no midfield and an isolated striker, where was everyone?

Does any of our squad know the phrase "we need to compete for the 2nd ball"?

Thought McCourt looked a class above when he came on (not saying much) but if he is considered a luxury and we have no midfield anyway, what's the harm in starting him?

We made a very poor Millwall side look like World Beaters :(

Mayonaise

May 25, 2014
Haywards Heath
Pretty much sums it up I would say.

I have heard it said that McCourt struggles to last a full 90 mins (in terms of fitness) these days which is a shame because, as you have said, he looks a class above.

Barnham Seagull

Yapton Actually
Dec 28, 2005
Yapton

I have heard it said that McCourt struggles to last a full 90 mins (in terms of fitness) these days which is a shame because, as you have said, he looks a class above.

His tracking back and positioning when we don't have the ball are terrible

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
His tracking back and positioning when we don't have the ball are terrible
Perhaps we should play him behind the strikers and leave the defendive responsibilities with people like Ince and Holla. We just need someone who is prepared to both move forward and play balls forward, and take a few people out the game thru skill.

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009

So start him and sub him when he flags and we are 2-0 up.
He only gets on when we are behind and they have a packed midfield and defence.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
Does any of our squad know the phrase "we need to compete for the 2nd ball"?

This does my nut in. Lack of talent is one thing but when players clearly can't be bothered to compete for the ball time and time again it highlights how few of them give a shit. It's a result of getting players in on loan, and average journeyman players who are not winners. Roy Hodgson's five yard fury is replaced by Sami Hyypia's one yard bottling.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here