Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Why doesn't last night's result seem a surprise?

Geriatric Seagull

Nov 10, 2009
Littlehampton
Looking at all the comments on here from last night and today, why doesn't anyone seem to be surprised by the score? It seems to sum up the whole situation at the moment-no-one really expected us to win and even a draw was beyond most people's expectations. It seems relegation is being seen as virtually inevitable unless the manager and his assistant are removed and someone is brought in who is capable of getting the best out of the current bunch of players. Please Mr Bloom, get on with it!

bobby baxter

Jan 31, 2014
Looking at all the comments on here from last night and today, why doesn't anyone seem to be surprised by the score? It seems to sum up the whole situation at the moment-no-one really expected us to win and even a draw was beyond most people's expectations. It seems relegation is being seen as virtually inevitable unless the manager and his assistant are removed and someone is brought in who is capable of getting the best out of the current bunch of players. Please Mr Bloom, get on with it!

Its taken me until the last three games to accept we are now a league one side, I can't see how Sami, or any other manager, can turn it around. The team looks lacking in creativity and lightweight.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
No shock as we are on a majr decline with an inept manager. Still very angry about the match though.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
when you have a team who can't score many and have a keeper who doesn't save many it becomes pretty easy to accept that you are going to lose most games.

I was so angry for most of last night's game so I can't say I don't care, I wish I could just shrug my shoulders and accept it, would be so much easier.

Creatively, we are terrible, no pattern at all. That means getting any kind of result against anyone is a struggle. Defensively we are still not terrible if we get Greer back but we don't have the attacking players to make good the mistakes at the back that will occur

el punal

when you have a team who can't score many and have a keeper who doesn't save many it becomes pretty easy to accept that you are going to lose most games.

I was so angry for most of last night's game so I can't say I don't care, I wish I could just shrug my shoulders and accept it, would be so much easier.
What's worse is (for me) not only being at the game last time, but then watching the recording of it today. A kind of masochistic double-whammy if you will.

The sheer misery of our ineptitude in all facets of the game, and, the total lack of confidence on show fills me with dread for the future. Never in my wildest nightmares would I have foreseen the position we are now in.

scooter1

How soon is now?
We're easy to play against, and have been for a while. We have the squad to stay up, and compete higher up the table but the wrong players are being picked week in, week out. Yesterday, March, JFC, Tex, Gardner and Bennett were our midfield, who out of those 5 can win tackles, put their foot on the ball and dictate play? Millwall had a game plan and once they'd scored, they stuck 10 behind the ball stifled everything we tried. Bent was isolated up front, and the times we did get to the bi-line the ball back across was in the wrong place. At no point we're these delivering players looking up to see where the support was, until Paddy came on, and played a few decent through balls. But by then it was already curtains. Time wasting from the 20th minute is galling to be on the receiving end of, but fair play to Holloway and his team, they did what they set out to do

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here