Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is it time for a new generation to start a new version of BISA?

Is it time for a new independent supporters' association?

• Yes, good idea

Votes: 52 71.2%
  • No, waste of time

Votes: 21 28.8%

• Total voters

attila

1997 Club
Jul 17, 2003
South Central Southwick
We've been relaxing in our lovely new stadium and trusting those in charge to get it right. They're not, and everything is top-down with little or no supporter involvement. In the bad old days we had BISA, an independent supporters' voice which enabled us to get together, discuss stuff and channel our views. It seems to me that something similar is needed now. The old guard have done our bit: in my opinion it's time for a new generation to step forward and take up the mantle. They'll have to be thick skinned, of course ('no one represents me', 'you just want to be part of an inner circle') and it'll probably need to be more formally set up than the autonomous collective of the old days in order to be taken seriously by the new club, but I think it needs to be done if we are to have more than the occasional top-down 'let us help you' meeting as planned for next Thursday.
I'm interested to see what people think about this, so I've added a poll (hope I've done it right!) :)

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
We've been relaxing in our lovely new stadium and trusting those in charge to get it right. They're not, and everything is top-down with little or no supporter involvement. In the bad old days we had BISA, an independent supporters' voice which enabled us to get together, discuss stuff and channel our views. It seems to me that something similar is needed now. The old guard have done our bit: in my opinion it's time for a new generation to step forward and take up the mantle. They'll have to be thick skinned, of course ('no one represents me', 'you just want to be part of an inner circle') and it'll probably need to be more formally set up than the autonomous collective of the old days in order to be taken seriously by the new club, but I think it needs to be done if we are to have more than the occasional top-down 'let us help you' meeting as planned for next Thursday.
I'm interested to see what people think about this, so I've added a poll (hope I've done it right!) :)

We've got such a thing. it's called NSC. DO keep up! :rolleyes:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Yes, but it's an internet forum and it can't actually talk to people in the real world :)

Um, for most, this IS this real world. Or at least as big a part of it as any other conversational part of the real world. You can bet your life the club monitor NSC to the 'n'th degree as the first stop shop for immediate customer feedback.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I dont think the club is run by men who would listen to BISA, they have no need to cow tail to anybody. They have the money to be self sufficient with no need to ask for money etc.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
The crucial factor from the 'bad old days' was an anti-board/club movement unified all Albion support.

I don't believe, and I certainly haven't seen anything written recently, that makes me think that's remotely possible now.

The amount of disparate agendas and personal vendettas against individuals, would certainly stop a holistic and ration approach to the clubs current problems.

Problems which, on the face of it, would seem to be 'cry cry cry we're not winning anymore cry cry cry'.

We're Brighton fans, what do you expect!!

Sillwood

Save the West Pier
Jul 19, 2007
Lewes District
Now that Dick Knight has been eased out of the club and hasn't been allowed to pass over his shares to ordinary fans perhaps he would come back to lead BISA!?

Think Attila is right that the old guard will be too cynical or too clapped out to lead anything like this, although could play a useful supporting role. Hope always lies with the youth, so surely that means the ultra types

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Think Attila is right that the old guard will be too cynical or too clapped out to lead anything like this, although could play a useful supporting role. Hope always lies with the youth, so surely that means the ultra types
For anyone who believes 'the old guard' could take a back seat, I also have some magic beans for sale.

The way this season has panned out anyone would think they have been desperately waiting for the club to 'fail' just so they could settle some old scores and regain some kudos.

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
Fans have more of a voice than is sometimes appreciated. I think the club will be far more worried about the number of empty seats last night than the shouting for Sami's head. They will be taking note of the discontent - you can be absolutely sure of that, because it drastically affects the business plan.

No disrespect to the old BISA, which had a specific role to play in the darkest days of our club, but supporter groups can never really hope or claim to represent the voice of the fans, because we disagree on so many things. That's why we log on to NSC.

For anyone who believes 'the old guard' could take a back seat, I also have some magic beans for sale.

The way this season has panned out anyone would think they have been desperately waiting for the club to 'fail' just so they could settle some old scores and regain some kudos.

Hmm I think the world is a bit more complicated than the Knight-Bloom succession battle. I'm sure it exists in smouldering embers but the issues here are much bigger than a boardroom rivalry.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
What about awful stewarding and the highest prices in the league?
Something that was only ever an irritation when we were winning.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
There certainly needs to be something. The official supporters club is a joke and then you have a various assortment of disparate fan groups representing local areas, villages, corners of the ground!

There needs to be one group that comes together to form one voice. It could help organise discussions with the club, increase atmosphere, and lobby for what gas want and believe in. The club is being corporatised like a premiership club, but you don't have to do that to be in the premiership. Palace, Stoke, Burnley have all proved that. At the rate it is happening it will be too late soon.

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
There certainly needs to be something. The official supporters club is a joke and then you have a various assortment of disparate fan groups representing local areas, villages, corners of the ground!

There needs to be one group that comes together to form one voice. It could help organise discussions with the club, increase atmosphere, and lobby for what gas want and believe in. The club is being corporatised like a premiership club, but you don't have to do that to be in the premiership. Palace, Stoke, Burnley have all proved that. At the rate it is happening it will be too late soon.

It all points to comparisons to Yugoslavia after WW2, what we need is a President Tito figure, the ultimate uberfan who has both Bens Grandad's age and experience and Stat Brothers drive and intellect.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here