Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bournemouth are gonna do it....

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
How have AFCB got it so right while we seem to have it so wrong?
Half way through the season and they seem to be getting stronger,always win at home and recently drew at the leaders away.
It's ok having the best training ground in the country but what the hell is going on at the training ground?
What is Bournemouths training ground like?..
Does Eddie Howe have a say in their transfers?
They seem to be able to keep their players and add the odd quality one to the squad and when they sold Grabban they immediately replaced him with quality in Callum Wilson.
Good luck to them.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Their players are actually employed by the club, rather than a load of temps who frankly don't give a ****.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
I think the other thing they both did, as we did in the 70's when Alan Mullery was the manager, is sign up the best players from their league when they got promoted. That + two stable, relatively ego free managers with personal ambition linked to the success of the club not themselves, and chairman with the money and will to back them. Oh yes, and a concentration on getting the team right first rather than the infrastructure.

JCL666

absurdism
Sep 23, 2011
Brentford use a Sporting Director module.

Warburton used to be in that role, until he was made manager.

D

Deleted member 22389

Do you think they have spent more than us?

I don't think they have spent more than us, but what they have spent is completely unsustainable.
You know I'm pissed off like the next man at our position, In fact this is most miserable I have felt since we got to the new stadium and I just wish we would get a new manager.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
I don't think they have spent more than us, but what they have spent is completely unsustainable.
You know I'm pissed off like the next man at our position, In fact this is most miserable I have felt since we got to the new stadium and I just wish we would get a new manager.

How is it when they have made a profit this summer from player sales?

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Brentford also has a net spend of 750k

I can't imagine the players they have are on massive wages, certainly no more than Brighton

Elvis

Mar 22, 2010
Viva Las Hove
Really, their defensive pairing of Cook and Elphick look mustard. They're the kind of players we need but think they'd be out of our price range.

depressing isn't it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here