Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Transfers / Training Problem

ady1973

Jul 27, 2008
New Milton
I think one of the main reasons we have this problem in the transfer market is that the 'spread sheet' and stats are being used too much, inorder to find our players.
I think anyone could sit infront of a PC and see stat after stat and think yeah he'll fit in , right price etc etc etc.
We need people from a football back ground and not stat men whio play football on paper.

The other point i would likek to make is why have we not it seems a striker coach?...we have a manager with a defensive mind a No2 with a midfield head and a goalkeeper coach.Over the past seasons we have always struggled with getting the ball in the net, would it not be a good idea to bring someone in who has hit 20+ goals in a season.....West Ham did and now look at them.

I can only see one way we are going, and it's going to get very bumby before it gets better, if at all............

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Good points well made.

It is particularly true that the running of the club at all levels is based on numbers and their crunch. It's quite a novel approach, very empirical. & at the moment, it's not working too well.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
I agree re the striker coach. Recruitment is definitely NOT working, but not sure the stats-approach is the biggest prob.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here