Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Why are we in the bottom three (remember 1992)

scousefan

Apr 26, 2009
Liverpool
We can blame Sami and complain about poor investment. Both are at least partly justified, but for me one fact says it all.

We started the season without a proper squad. We then pulled in too many players really quickly but did not allow a team to be built.

We can rightly blame the manager, but Bloom and the board also have a real responsibility.

We didn't build a team and couldn't establish new tactics and confidence after a bad start and without at least a proper pre-season. The way we managed the club between seasons strongly reminded me of 1992.

Only one other side had a more incomplete squad than us at the start of the season -Blackpool - and look where they are!

Yes we can rightly blame Sami, but Bloom and Burke (and many on here) kept saying wait and it will come right - when it was already too late. Later some of the same people even said we had made great signings. (It still defeats me how some people defended the O'Grady signing which looked shocking from the start)

It's not all over yet. Perhaps we can save it in January - but I won't hold by breath

spanish flair

Jan 30, 2014
Brighton
We can blame Sami and complain about poor investment. Both are at least partly justified, but for me one fact says it all.

We started the season without a proper squad. We then pulled in too many players really quickly but did not allow a team to be built.

We can rightly blame the manager, but Bloom and the board also have a real responsibility.

We didn't build a team and couldn't establish new tactics and confidence after a bad start and without at least a proper pre-season. The way we managed the club between seasons strongly reminded me of 1992.

Only one other side had a more incomplete squad than us at the start of the season -Blackpool - and look where they are!

Yes we can rightly blame Sami, but Bloom and Burke (and many on here) kept saying wait and it will come right - when it was already too late. Later some of the same people even said we had made great signings. (It still defeats me how some people defended the O'Grady signing which looked shocking from the start)

It's not all over yet. Perhaps we can save it in January - but I won't hold by breath

Spot on:thumbsup:
We prepared to fail in my opinion.

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
Not having won enough games, is my guess.

And since it's all about 1/3 luck, the same squad could just as easily be sitting between Leeds and Bolton, in 17th.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here