Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

POLL - how will Tony Bloom react to last night?

What's Tony Blom's next move?

• Do nothing

Votes: 36 63.2%
  • Sack Sami as a sacrificial lamb?

Votes: 15 26.3%
  • Sack Sami and Burke?

Votes: 3 5.3%
  • Full clear out

Votes: 3 5.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Sorry for the typo in the poll title. it's Tony Bloom, obviously.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
None of the above.

He will allow/encourage Sammi to resign whilst making supportive noises.
There will be no back of house changes.
A new manager will be appointed with his own assistants and Nathan will revert to first team coach.
Most of the loaners will go back replaced by signings in the January window.

I rate our chances of escape at no better than 50/50.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
None of the above.

A new manager will be appointed with his own assistants and Nathan will revert to first team coach.

Actually sounds plausible. If only I had the space in the form to write that as an option! (awaits Bozza telling me that would fit within the field length)

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
If Bloom doesn't sack him today i will seriously question the clubs ambition

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
I'm all for an overhaul of the club as it's clear the system is hindering rather than helping - no good manager is going to accept that someone else takes the big decisions for which he then carries the can.

However, that doesn't disguise that Hyypia has done a very poor job, even with the hand he's been dealt. Constant squad rotation when he needed to find a settled side, players out of position when we were recklessly attacking making them look worse than they are, a shift in emphasis to being more defensive but without the organisation to carry it through and a steady decline in performances, to the point where we have little shape any more and setpieces are atrocious. Some players who looked, if not outstanding, at least 'good enough' earlier in the season are being utterly destroyed. Apart from Barry Lloyd when his reign was dragging on far too long and the obvious stinkers like Jeff Wood, I'm usually well behind the majority in wanting a manager sacked.

Not this time. If he stays until January, the damage could be irreversible.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
He'll sod off to Oz leaving Barber in charge as per usual.

The amount of money Bloom has ploughed into the club has created a kind of force field around him. Nobody wants to be critical of the man who rescued the club's dreams. Unfortunately, the time is fast approaching where he comes in for some grief instead of letting the likes of Hyypia take all of the blame. Hyypia doesn't help himself with his clueless tactics and team selections (some of which he has no control over) but to blame him for everything is unfair. I want him, Jones and the entire coaching team replaced but that will only solve one part of the problem.

It will be interesting to find out what American Express make of it all. Guaranteed they must be questioning their decision to get so involved financially with the way things are at the moment. You can bet their business model for sponsorship didn't include a multi million pound cash injection to a League 1 bound football club that will be hemorrhaging 'customers' at an alarming rate.

Come on Bloom-time to play chairman.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Too many Suits

What I would do if I was Bloom would to bring in a football consultant on a temporary contract. A troubleshooter in business terms. What Norwich have done but more powerful than Phelan.

PS: if we are not safe by Easter with our horrendous fixture list at the end of the season, I don't fancy our chances.

Last edited:

I am thinking of starting a "What has Tony Bloom ever done for us" thread? I am not one to fall back on the "....but look how far we have come" argument but perhaps we do need a few reminders.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Bloom must be seriously pondering what the **** Burke is doing to cause 3 managers in a row to engineer a way out of the club.

scousefan

Apr 26, 2009
Liverpool
None of the above.

This

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here