Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Have any of the loanees actually made a lasting impression?

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Could well be down to awful management from Hyypia, but most of them (bar Joe Bennett who i'd say has been fairly consistent) despite having the odd good game have contributed little. Have to say Elliot Bennett has been the biggest let down for me, looks a shadow of the player he once was. I hope we're not relying on them for the rest of the season and give the new manager financial support in January, can't see it though.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Tex made an instant impression when he first arrived and I was thinking how the hell was he unable to break into Brentford's side last season.

Sadly that didn't last long and his inconsistency soon came to the surface. He still has bags of potential but is a player who would flourish in a confident team, of which we clearly are not at the present time.

Elliot is a shadow of the player we last saw at Withdean, but he has just come back from a serious injury and has clearly not found his form. At least with him, we know he loves the club and I'm sure will be genuinely disappointed that he hasn't yet lived up to expectations.

spanish flair

Jan 30, 2014
Brighton
Could well be down to awful management from Hyypia, but most of them (bar Joe Bennett who i'd say has been fairly consistent) despite having the odd good game have contributed little. Have to say Elliot Bennett has been the biggest let down for me, looks a shadow of the player he once was. I hope we're not relying on them for the rest of the season and give the new manager financial support in January, can't see it though.

They have on me. They remind me of a group of lads who have just turned up for kick about.
We should be playing all the players who have a contract with the club, who can't just leave at the end of the season, unless their contracts are up.
Players like Calderon and Ince should play every week just because they care about the club.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
No none of them. Joe Bennett is no more of a left back than I am, hopeless defensively, would like to see him in midfield as he really is good going forward.

Elliott is effectively being played inside too much of the time, which is down to the tactics.

Gardner is laughable, picks up a wage by doing nothing and apparently undroppable (?contract terms perhaps).
Texeirra, will be ok in a few years, and it's good experience for him, but at our expense, offers little other than flashy touches, too light at this level.
Halford - ok, not a game changer
Bent - no service

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
They have on me. They remind me of a group of lads who have just turned up for kick about.
We should be playing all the players who have a contract with the club, who can't just leave at the end of the season, unless their contracts are up.
Players like Calderon and Ince should play every week just because they care about the club.

100% agree, at the end of the day they do not care where the club ends up as long as they are getting paid.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
J Bennett is coming good - ideal time to drop him! The others are giving very little, mostly due to inept tactics I think.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
I think the recruitment policy at the club is a joke. Building a squad of loanees is obviously a recipe for disaster.

Do these players really care about keeping the Albion up, or are they more interested in putting themselves in the shop window?

Tex has obvious quality and has probably been our best loanee, but at times it is blatantly obvious that he is just in it for himself - like how he will take a difficult shot rather than play an easy pass.

Sign Bennett, Tex, Bent, etc up permanently by all means - I'm no football manager, but I strongly suspect there is a player mentality issue when these players can trot off back to their clubs if/when we get relegated.

Danny Shittu was excellent last night despite all his limitations - he gave 110% to the point he gave himself cramp several times, but this is exactly what Albion needs. Permanent players who will bleed for the club, I don't think we have a single player like that anymore, except maybe Calde who wasn't even selected.
Bennett has done far more than Tex and is easily our best loanee.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
For me, Tex had a couple of good games at the start of his loan spell but has been underwhelming ever since.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
The pre-season was diabolical with very few players and then we go and get a load of bang average players at the death and obviously over pay them because of this.

Everything is a joke at the moment and the club are saying nothing...The silence is deafening

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here