Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

A neutral perspective...

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
I had the 'pleasure' to watch the game with my dad and bro, two entirely neutral football fans and this is how they saw it:

Sami looked despondent, nervy and at times desperate.
Our best players were Dunk, Hlaford, Bruno and Tex, although the latter has no end product and is very, very lightweight.
Bent was on 'holiday.' Awful actually.
March way, way off the pace and Bennett shocking too.
Central mid was dreadful, lightweight - 'men against boys.' Something the pundits agreed on.
They wanted it more, but Millwall were a dreadful team too.
Danny Shittu was the embodiment of everything we lacked - I agree.
We looked lost, no shape, pattern or apparent strategy.
Our passing was nothing short of abysmal. Always behind advanced players, Tex & later Paddy the only players who could play a proper pass.
We had no 'presence' anywhere beyond central defence.
That XI are going down.
The players for the most part gave up around 70 mins - throwing Halford forward far too late and then seemingly letting him drift out wide.
They didn't look like they cared - yep that's how it tends to work with too many non invested loan players.

Saddening but all of it true - if they can see it after one match why are the board so reluctant to make the change the club needs?!?

From me... JFC and Gardener are the worst central midfield partnership we've had in an age. They'd make George Parris look dynamic.

L1 mid table ready.

Kosh

JCL666

absurdism
Sep 23, 2011
Sums it up pretty accurately.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
From me... JFC and Gardener were the worst central midfield partnership we've had in an age. They'd make George Parris look dynamic.

They've been that all season.

This is one of the things I find so frustrating about this regime. JFC and Gardner are clearly not the best choice for the middle of a Championship pitch so why the **** hasn't one of Holla, Ince, Toko or The Lesser Sighted Agustien been given a chance. Those four have a combination of experience (Holla and Agustien) and youth (Ince and Toko). My crystal ball doesn't say if they'd be any bloody better but surely they're worth a chance?

The inability by the manager to see what needs work and the inability by the board to see we're in dire ****ing straits is wrenching.

I had the 'pleasure' to watch the game with my dad and bro, two entirely neutral football fans and this is how they saw it:

Our best players were Dunk, Hlaford, Bruno and Tex, although the latter has no end product and is very, very lightweight.
Central mid was dreadful, lightweight - 'men against boys.' Something the pundits agreed on.
Our passing was nothing short of abysmal. Always behind advanced players, Tex & later Paddy the only players who could play a proper pass.
That XI are going down.
The players for the most part gave up around 70 mins - throwing Halford forward far too late and then seemingly letting him drift out wide.
They didn't look like they cared - yep that's how it tends to work with too many non invested loan players.

Saddening but all of it true - if they can see it after one match why are the board so reluctant to make the change the club needs?!?

From me... JFC and Gardener are the worst central midfield partnership we've had in an age. They'd make George Parris look dynamic.

L1 mid table ready.

Kosh
blooming swiss!

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
And your point is ???

Tell us something we don't know.

I realise it's more repetition, but my point is this: If it's indeed so frustratingly obvious to a lifelong Blade and a Man Utd fan, who was highly amused by how bad it actually was, after 1 game - Why are we being made to suffer?!? It just makes no sense. Apologies but I thought it sums up how terrible we are. These (OP post) are their words not mine.

Kosh

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits

This is one of the things I find so frustrating about this regime. JFC and Gardner are clearly not the best choice for the middle of a Championship pitch so why the **** hasn't one of Holla, Ince, Toko or The Lesser Sighted Agustien been given a chance. Those four have a combination of experience (Holla and Agustien) and youth (Ince and Toko). My crystal ball doesn't say if they'd be any bloody better but surely they're worth a chance?

The inability by the manager to see what needs work and the inability by the board to see we're in dire ****ing straits is wrenching.

last sentence with bells on.....we are shithouse and the manager has been emasculated.......dire indeed..! if Bloom has really come to Oz and left the club in this SCHOMOZZLE......i would be astounded..!!

el punal

That XI are going down.

L1 mid table ready.

Kosh
Spot on! Thanks for the reality check, I will now go and proverbially slit my wrists.

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful

of g
Holla carries too much weight and is not mobile, Ince has his place on particular games, probably kept out by the automatic selection of Gardner, Toko, well clearly he's not good enough, Augustein not worth a start and has attitude issues. These players have all had opportunities this year and have failed to make the impact needed. I see it on here people recommending this and that, but the truth is they have all a chance and no one has shone out. the squad is not good enough, we are forced to play a loan striker having sent out on loan two of our strikers and not having a £1;5 m Baldock available. Sami has been given a bum deal and the executive, who are noticeable for their silence carry the responsibility. To paraphrase Bloom ' we have a squad good enough to make the playoffs' dreamland mate, get back to spread betting because your out of your depth now and sack Burke and Barber on the way!!

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
of g
Holla carries too much weight and is not mobile, Ince has his place on particular games, probably kept out by the automatic selection of Gardner, Toko, well clearly he's not good enough, Augustein not worth a start and has attitude issues. These players have all had opportunities this year and have failed to make the impact needed. I see it on here people recommending this and that, but the truth is they have all a chance and no one has shone out. the squad is not good enough, we are forced to play a loan striker having sent out on loan two of our strikers and not having a £1;5 m Baldock available. Sami has been given a bum deal and the executive, who are noticeable for their silence carry the responsibility. To paraphrase Bloom ' we have a squad good enough to make the playoffs' dreamland mate, get back to spread betting because your out of your depth now and sack Burke and Barber on the way!!

Yeah they've been given a chance and didn't perform but surely the same can be said of JFC and Gardner? When will SH see that they've blown their chance and that Ince, Toko, Holla and Agustien might deserve another shot?

fleet

Jul 28, 2003

That XI are going down.

L1 mid table ready.

Kosh
Exactly what I saw.

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful
Yeah they've been given a chance and didn't perform but surely the same can be said of JFC and Gardner? When will SH see that they've blown their chance and that Ince, Toko, Holla and Agustien might deserve another shot?

I agree with your sentiment on Gardner and JFC, but we get into a cycle of poor performance and needless rotation, your statement just confirms that we don't have the quality of player available for selection. That's not down to Sami, the shouts for Burke and barber out should be more audible than those for Sami!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here