Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Category B for Millwall ?

burrish-gull

Mar 24, 2009
How in the hell did the club and police categorise this game as a "medium" threat level from Millwall fans last night? Someone has got the intelligence on this badly wrong, our fans were not blameless according to Sussex Police on Twitter but from what I saw they were taken by complete surprise by the trouble. I left early with my 7 year old boy (he was in tears) to avoid any issues but on leaving the stewards and police I spoke to said it was a joke this game was made, Cat B.

burrish-gull

Mar 24, 2009
More police presence perhaps? The police I spoke to were laughing at how badly the powers that be got it wrong last night, the stewards were fuming at the football club
Why? What actually happened that would have made a difference if the game was any other category?

FalmerforAll!**

NSC's Most Intelligent
Oct 26, 2005
Burgess Hill
More police presence perhaps? The police I spoke to were laughing at how badly the powers that be got it wrong last night, the stewards were fuming at the football club

No extra police would've stopped what happened in the ground, and the fighting in and around town was hardly major, so I'd argue that no extra police would've stopped that either. I think on nights like last night there will always be pockets of trouble, no matter how many constables are about. Just my opinion, though.

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
Category B in terms of expected demand for tickets and therefore pirces charged to fans rather than the risk of trouble

There were more coppers there than for several category A games the club have had and the club and Police would have had a different strategy and risk assessment to this

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
friday night game....short away travel for wall...one day after giro day......stewards called upon to deal with problems rather than people simply standing up or blocking walkways..............tin -pot.

burrish-gull

Mar 24, 2009
This.....

friday night game....short away travel for wall...one day after giro day......stewards called upon to deal with problems rather than people simply standing up or blocking walkways..............tin -pot.

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
No extra police would've stopped what happened in the ground, and the fighting in and around town was hardly major, so I'd argue that no extra police would've stopped that either. I think on nights like last night there will always be pockets of trouble, no matter how many constables are about. Just my opinion, though.

Were there any more Police left in Sussex that they could have brought in or is that all thats left after all the recent cuts?

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
If Wall had won more than 1 in 15 & still managed to beat us, they could have had another 1,000 in there and simply removing a tarpaulin and hundreds steadily moving a dozen stewards back could have easily been a lot worse and highlights the inadequate measures set up to deal with it (wasn't the ground safety man fired?)

burrish-gull

Mar 24, 2009
Regardless of anything the club or the police say I saw young children and elderly people visibly scared when leaving the ground, I grew up watching football in the 1970's so I know it doesn't really compare but this is 2014 and the corporate suits that have stripped my club of its soul recently need to sit up and take notice. The whole atmosphere was poisonous last night it just happened we were playing Millwall, perfect storm and the club were caught cold....

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Regardless of anything the club or the police say I saw young children and elderly people visibly scared when leaving the ground,

was the game that bad?

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Regardless of anything the club or the police say I saw young children and elderly people visibly scared when leaving the ground, I grew up watching football in the 1970's so I know it doesn't really compare but this is 2014 and the corporate suits that have stripped my club of its soul recently need to sit up and take notice. The whole atmosphere was poisonous last night it just happened we were playing Millwall, perfect storm and the club were caught cold....
Had we scored on the hour mark when the scum were trying it on the stewards would never have coped.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
The club have made a big thing in the media in recent years about how even Millwall are now considered low risk. There havebeen few Iissues with them for many years and there were LOADS of police there. Was a little surprised how long they took to come in the ground but other than that not sure what else they could've done.

sebtucknott

Aug 22, 2011
Shoreham-by-Sea
The club have made a big thing in the media in recent years about how even Millwall are now considered low risk. There havebeen few Iissues with them for many years and there were LOADS of police there. Was a little surprised how long they took to come in the ground but other than that not sure what else they could've done.

The problem is its private land so the stewards are "in charge" it's up to them so say we need help. You could see all the police waiting and probably saying we NEED to help now.

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
How in the hell did the club and police categorise this game as a "medium" threat level from Millwall fans last night? Someone has got the intelligence on this badly wrong, our fans were not blameless according to Sussex Police on Twitter but from what I saw they were taken by complete surprise by the trouble. I left early with my 7 year old boy (he was in tears) to avoid any issues but on leaving the stewards and police I spoke to said it was a joke this game was made, Cat B.

Christ.

It's a bit like that episode of Red Dwarf where they have to change the light bulb to move to red alert.

What a load of bed wetting nonsense. Makes sod all difference.

I've never seen so many police at the ground.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here