Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Teenage Girl Enjoys Fight

Seagull

Yes I eat anything
Feb 28, 2009
On the wing
Chloe, 15, my friend's daughter, attended her first football match with us last night. The best bit she said was the atmosphere and especially the Millwall fans. She loved their mental reaction to their goal and was agog as they brought in some old school fight tactics to south 'terrace'. As we left she said: "can I come next time Millwall play?"

On reflection I think she had correctly identified the most exciting highlights of the game to be honest ...

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Unless things change she'll have to wait until 16/17 at the earliest for us to play Wall at the Amex in the league again.

Seagull

Yes I eat anything
Feb 28, 2009
On the wing
Around the 60th minute it sounded almost like a proper footie match on the tv!
Yes it was. Two rudimentary Third Division sides aimlessly lumping the ball around with beefy Danny Shittu and heroic Lewis Dunk the stand out players, to a backdrop of home crowd dissatisfaction and a few hundred Millwall fans trying to cause a fuss, breaking through the thin yellow line, reminiscent of many "good" old days.

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
Chloe, 15, my friend's daughter, attended her first football match with us last night. The best bit she said was the atmosphere and especially the Millwall fans. She loved their mental reaction to their goal and was agog as they brought in some old school fight tactics to south 'terrace'. As we left she said: "can I come next time Millwall play?"

On reflection I think she had correctly identified the most exciting highlights of the game to be honest ...

Good girl, we need more sensible teenagers like her attending football. Please pass on my respect.

VHA on NSC

Banned
May 17, 2013
A town near Charlotte, NC
Yes it was. Two rudimentary Third Division sides aimlessly lumping the ball around with beefy Danny Shittu and heroic Lewis Dunk the stand out players, to a backdrop of home crowd dissatisfaction and a few hundred Millwall fans trying to cause a fuss, breaking through the thin yellow line, reminiscent of many "good" old days.
Hopefully some Bovril was available to complete the vision?

Seagull

Yes I eat anything
Feb 28, 2009
On the wing
Hopefully some Bovril was available to complete the vision?

Would you believe I was actually regaling Chloe with stories of the Goldstone bovril and how it was only 50p a cup in the grubby little alley behind the North Stand? Not available at the Amex, inexplicably.
Think she was more impressed with the scrap though ...

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Would you believe I was actually regaling Chloe with stories of the Goldstone bovril and how it was only 50p a cup in the grubby little alley behind the North Stand? Not available at the Amex, inexplicably.
Think she was more impressed with the scrap though ...

You can get Bovril at the Amex. It's not 50p though. I had one at the Wrexham FA Cup game and it inspired me to buy a jar of it. I thought it might be nice topped up with scotch.

It wasn't.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea

Must be something about girls who dont normally watch football. My daughter- no longer a teenager- has had a similar reaction to the Palace games we have played and always wants to come to those. Nothing to do with the football but the draw is the possibility and potential for trouble. She also asks to come to any Millwall away matches. Even though lalely they have beenpretty tame affairs.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here