Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
hyypia-121214-l229-2140444_478x359.jpg

Sami Hyypia
Image by: Paul Hazlewood

PUBLISHED
23:44 12th December 2014
by James Hilsum
In the beginning I thought we were a bit sloppy, but I cannot fault the effort of the players."
Sami Hyypia

Brighton & Hove Albion manager Sami Hyypia says he could not fault the effort of his players following tonight’s 1-0 defeat to Millwall at the Amex.
Albion were beaten after Lee Gregory’s first-half strike inside the opening 15 minutes and while Hyypia admitted that his players were a bit casual at times, he felt they deserved more out of the game.He told seagulls.co.uk, “In the beginning I thought we were a bit sloppy, but I cannot fault the effort of the players. We have lacked a little bit of extra quality in many games, but it is very disappointing that we play like this and come out as losers.
“It was a disappointing night. It tells you everything when the opposition did not have many chances to score, but still managed to get one goal, whereas we were unable to score from our attacking situations and that was it, basically.”

LATEST NEWS FROM SEAGULLS.CO.UK

The Albion manager also revealed that the omission of Joe Bennett from the squad was simply to avoid exceeding the quota of loanees in the squad, after using the maximum of five players in his starting line-up.Adam Chicksen also made his first appearance in an Albion shirt since October after his return from a one-month loan spell at Gillingham was confirmed today.
“The thinking behind the inclusion of Adam Chicksen instead of Joe Bennett was that we already had five loan players in the line up.
“Greg Halford missed out last week and I wanted to play him in this game. So we needed to choose one of the other six loan players to drop out of the squad.
“This time it was Joe, so we needed a good left back and I felt that Adam played very well during his loan spell at Gillingham.”
[h=3]ALBION V READING
[/h] FRIDAY 26TH DECember, KICK-OFF 3PM

[h=3]ALBION V BRENTFORD
[/h] SATURday 17th JANUARY, KICK-OFF 3PM

[h=3]Albion v IPSWICH
[/h] SATURDAY 24TH JANUARY, kick-off 3pm

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here