Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The state of football violence in this country

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
It is a disgrace, an absolute disgrace.

Millwall at home. Half way through the second half they plucked up the courage to taunt 8 (eight) stewards (stewards, not police) to the point where at least another ten stewards were required. What the hell has happened to what was once a national institution?

Meanwhile, in the Brighton end, some 10-15 hoodlums, rascals associated away from the main hellraisers under the police box, dared to question the reign of a manager who has won won game since August, and were dealt with immediately by some red faced children who were furious at people daring to express their views. Wow. It's a terrifying prospect when feared leaders such as 'the Judge' feel the need to tear up 'Hyppia out' signs that the holder has complete right to holding due to the diabolical performance of the team.

Pretty sure I'll get the 'Why didn't you say it to their face' comments: I did. If any of the red faced children who shouted abuse and put their face into mine would like to do it again, I suggest you pop down to row V, seat 0303 and have another chat with me any time this season. In case you've forgotten me, I'm 6"4, have been going to games since the late 80's, and love my football club. I'd love to have another chat with you about how the season is going. Alternatively, a full, written apology should cover your embarrassing behaviour this evening.

Supporting the team and wanting the manager out don't have to be mutually exclusive viewpoints. People disagree, but people have always disagreed.

It's time for Hyppia to go, and to go NOW.

Bombadier Botty

Complete Twaddle
Jun 2, 2008
To be fair, a lot of The Judge's lot were trying to shout down the infighting over the Hyypia banner and urging people to support the team instead.

tommynockers

Dec 6, 2013
STOP THE UTTER MUMBLING FROM THE BACK OF NORTH STAND! Some of the dross that you here is amazingly bad. Singing is to support and get your team going. NOT TO ANNOY AND PUT THEM TO SLEEP. No wonder the atmosphere is Sh-t!

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
To be fair, a lot of The Judge's lot were trying to shout down the infighting over the Hyypia banner and urging people to support the team instead.

Not really, they wanted to shoot down anyone who disagreed with them.

And when a guy who clearly disagreed with them went over to them before half time to shake hands with them, they threw their toys out the pram and gave him nothing but abuse.

Make no mistake, some of these lads have supported and followed the Albion a long time, you would know their faces. Others have a lot to learn. Some proper away days might educate them a bit.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Nothing as bad as the utter (Millwall) knob who felled the (female) steward on the Lewes platform ramp after the game.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Nothing as bad as the utter (Millwall) knob who felled the (female) steward on the Lewes platform ramp after the game.

There's another report on this elsewhere. Was he caught ?

theboybilly

I didn't get it. every Brighton forum suggests the vast majority (as in well over 90%) want Hyppia out. I was in the NW corner and witnessed the kerfuffle and couldn't get my head around the problem some people saw in displaying a 'Sorry Sami, time to go' banner.
I want him out...now please. But why the infighting?

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London

Really? Fact of speculation? Surely CCTV
will be conclusive?

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
I didn't get it. every Brighton forum suggests the vast majority (as in well over 90%) want Hyppia out. I was in the NW corner and witnessed the kerfuffle and couldn't get my head around the problem some people saw in displaying a 'Sorry Sami, time to go' banner.

Indeed, come on police box chaps, explain why people aren't entitled to their opinion?

shingle

Jan 18, 2004
Lewes
There's another report on this elsewhere. Was he caught ?

He was chased down the ramp by half a dozen enraged Albion fans, but 'escaped' on to the A27. The female steward was a bit flustered but seemed ok. She was thanking the lot that chased the guy

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Really? Fact of speculation? Surely CCTV
will be conclusive?

Don't know if there is cctv there - last section of ramp before the platform entrance. About 4-5 Millwall somehow missed the instruction to turn right in the bridge and went down the disabled lane (stewards further up must have let them), I guess the last one possibly suggested this chap (bellend) couldn't go down the ramp.

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013

That all seemed to be about the fact some thought it was a good idea to sing a sami Hyypia song when clearly it was not appropriate
I applaud there efforts to support but this took it a little to far tonight. Should have stuck with the songs people will sing if you want to get the best support possible

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Also, funny how the guy who displayed a 'Hypia Out' piece of cardboard had it unceremoniously ripped up by 'The Judge', yet the lads at the back of the stand with the larger banner (four or five more tasty looking chaps) didn't have to deal with the same interference? I wonder why that could be?

easynow

Mar 17, 2013
jakarta
to be honest, this is just scrap in comparison to what goes down in parts of Europe and elsewhere. It's still a disgrace, but it's not that bad. It's a disgrace how a sport can shutdown parts of towns/cities and give off a negative vibe within the city for the locals and tourist. A small city like Brighton could be a nightmare if we ever make the Prem. I'm all for banter and that, but kicking someones head in because they support another club is totally moronic.

Chicken Runner61

We stand where we want!
May 20, 2007
images-4.jpeg

The banner thing did get out of hand very quickly though

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here