Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Oh dear. Now I feel sorry for Sami.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Looked thoroughly miserable throughout the match.
Sounded very down (I know, how can you tell!) after the match.
Ignored by the players during the Millwall keeper injury break.
Fans shouting for his head in between fighting amongst themselves.
Beaten by a poor Millwall side to worsen our position.
Screwed by the club after he made clear when he signed that he needed an experienced No 2.
Screwed again by the club making poor signings to replace departees.
Screwed again by the club bringing in a load of loan signings.
Screwed again by the club over signing Steven Ward.
Screwed by the suits who have clamped the club down too hard over ffp.

I keep trudging out to the Amex because it's my club. I enjoy the social side, the pies, the event etc, but the footballing side is a repetitive loop of a non event. Earlier in the season we seemed to have many fans who craved entertaining football over wins. Now the entertainment has gone the way of the wins, the attendance tonight plumetted. So no wins, no entertainment, no expectations and dwindling support. All replaced by apathy.

Nonetheless, Sami looked utterly beaten by the burden of the job and, despite being a fan for half a century, I still can't bring myself to want him to go. The man needs an experienced number two.

Monsieur Le Plonk

Lethargy in motion
Apr 22, 2009
By a lake
The club hasn't screwed him so stop feeling sorry for him. The club gave him a massive chance and he's royally f*cked it up.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Look at his treatment of Ince, Holla and Toko. Three defensive midfielders, none of whom can make a side with a five man midfield. My seven year old has a better understanding of tactics

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Yes I sort of feel sorry for him, but I disagree about being screwed by the club. He has a decent squad to choose from and yet he keeps making the same mistakes game after game.

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
Oh for god's sake. All managers have to deal with the players they inherit when they start, and nearly all manage more than 3 wins in 21. Hyppia has won 4 of his last 33 league games, that is not chance, that is crap, pure and smelly. He is simply not up to management.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
There's a lot of players with some pedigree who have come to this club and played sh1te under Sami. They can't all be bad. He is out of his depth. Don't feel sorry for him, I'm sure he'll do some punditry and then get another job in Europe when he has recovered from this debacle. Meanwhile, we have a relegation dogfight on our hands.

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful
I find myself having similar feelings, despite questioning his emotions in the past. The team was set s good as it could be tonight and played with endeavour and enthusiasm, but simply some of the players are just not good enough and choices and options taken by individuals were poor. On a player level Sami was not responsible for:

Missing two goal scoring opportunities afforded to Bent
A golden opportunity given to March
Four great opportunities to cross to men in the centre in the first half
Tex who couldn't beat the first man with his corner even though we had brought our keeper up
Starting Gardner, because its in his loan deal
Not having the captain available for selection
Having a light weight midfield, in terms of physique
Not having an inspirational midfielder in the squad
Not having one central figure in the team who is a big player (not talking about size)

Sami is the fall guy here, he tried something different tonight and had spotted the Millwall weakness with his tactics and selection, its just that the players were not able to deliver for him, Any dismissals should come further up the structure, i'm not sure a change of manager now will make a huge difference.

Brighton TID

Jul 24, 2005
Horsham
Nice guy, I feel sorry for him too. But he is utter shite at football managing and the bottom line is that there are plenty of people out there who are good at football managing.
Half way through the season, third from bottom. He's had his shot at this and has not delivered.

Puppet Master

non sequitur
Aug 14, 2012
He is a likeable bloke which makes it harder to want him out than if he was a complete bender like Holloway for example. But yeah, he's not up to it.

Gordon the Gopher

Jul 16, 2003
Hove
i was sat just behind the Millwall bench. The comparison between him and Holloway was massive. One barking out orders and encouraging..'his boys' and interacting with his coaches and subs. Sami shouting Hey!! and players ignoring him. Why o why was he ever appointed! He even gave me a thumbs up when myself and many others suggested he had done his best but it was time to move on. All a bit surreal!

Geriatric Seagull

Nov 10, 2009
Littlehampton
He comes across as a decent man but I have to agree with those calling for him to go. He and his assistant have somehow contrived to take the team from the brink of promotion to almost certain relegation in just a few months. Granted, they gave been let down badly by their bosses, particularly when it comes to the players that have been brought in, but ultimately the buck stops with the manager and not the faceless suits. It really must be thank you and goodbye -now!

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
Feel sorry for the guy who basically plays the same team week in week out despite winning like 1 in 17?

JFC and Gardner would not even make my development squad!

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
He's f@&&£& up this club. We have played six of the other seven bottom clubs in this division at home already. Anyone who comes in now has to get home results against the better sides. I'm really beginning to think League 1 beckons

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here