Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Oscar Garcia chant

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
To think just 4 months ago NSC had us believing:-

'if boring Oscar stayed most fans wouldn't have returned this season'.

Careful what you wish for, folks.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Big generalization there, a lot of people rated him as a manager (including myself), don't think it was as clear cut as you make out. Oscar wouldn't come back anyway with what Bloom said about him.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Nobody wanted Oscar out did they? The football was tepid at times but he was a very charismatic & respectful bloke, who I was personally very happy to have here.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Highlight of the night for me, hope he was watching and heard it.

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
There's been a feeling of disconnection from the minute he went. The least excited I've been pre-season for a long time - just confirmed that he'd been succeeding despite what was going on behind the scenes last year

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Big generalization there, a lot of people rated him as a manager (including myself), don't think it was as clear cut as you make out. Oscar wouldn't come back anyway with what Bloom said about him.

Oh it most definitely was.
There was a sweet spot late August early September, when we were still assuming more shots = more excitement.
At which point Oscar's 1-0 strategy was called into question.

I even have one of the many threads about it in my signature, because I couldn't believe what I was reading.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Nobody wanted Oscar out did they? The football was tepid at times but he was a very charismatic & respectful bloke, who I was personally very happy to have here.

I certainly wanted Oscar out. Just because we have been landed with an even worse manager doesn't make him a decent one.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Oh it most definitely was.
There was a sweet spot late August early September, when we were still assuming more shots = more excitement.
At which point Oscar's 1-0 strategy was called into question.

I even have one of the many threads about it in my signature, because I couldn't believe what I was reading.
I was always behind Oscar, the football may not have been the extravagant attacking football some were expecting but he knew how to grind out/nick a result a set up a solid defence. Completely agree.
very, very unimpressive & frankly cheap
Very unprofessional and looking back strikes me of covering his backside. Oscar never said a bad word about him or the club.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Singing the name of our ex-manager is a stroke of genius, it humiliates Hyypia without creating a lot of fuss and it also reminds Bloom that we haven't all bought the party line about why Oscar left the club.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Back when we had leaders on the pitch and a manager who knew what he was doing... How have we become such a shambles in 12 months?

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
Yes the football was dull at times but I backed Oscar to the hilt. Didn't want him to go.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here