Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What was the story with Bennett and chicksen?

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Was Bennett injured or is the rumour closer to the truth that villa want their players back at Christmas and we are looking to start our players in the positions they will vacat:facepalm:

Oh and is it just me, but elliott Bennet is a shadow of the player he was when he left us!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Sami is having to juggle his 6 loanees.

Says it all really.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Was Bennett injured or is the rumour closer to the truth that villa want their players back at Christmas and we are looking to start our players in the positions they will vacat:facepalm:

Oh and is it just me, but elliott Bennet is a shadow of the player he was when he left us!

Elliott Bennett was awful tonight.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
I think he was just the odd one out on the "can only play five loan players" rule.

Tbh I couldn't care less if he and Gardner were sent back but would like Bent to stay although unlikely to happen.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
How come Gardner is never rotated out ? Him and JFC are without a doubt the LIMPEST midfield pairing I can remember - they're an oppositions dream. No bite, no creativity, utterly powder-puff. They're not even L1 standard, and yet it seems they're the first on Hyypia's teamsheet week-in, week out.

Genuinely baffling.

Dec 29, 2011
Chicksen could probably play winger while Lua Lua is out. Very pacey and can cross too, and his youthfulness errors wouldn't cost us.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Sami decided the loanee to be left out tonight was J.Bennett.

So we had to recall Chicksen, whose loan ended tomorrow anyway.

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
Chicksen did alright but I'd have much rather had J. Bennett on the pitch. I've defended Gardner in the past but he really was dreadful tonight, something must be really up with Holla if he's still getting picked over him.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004

Given we had two other Villa players who started the game it's probably a fair distance from the truth.

EB has lost a yard of pace following his knee injury. It's quite depressing to watch :(

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Hyypia thought dropping Joe Bennett to put Halford and Gardner in his team was a good strategy. He had to recall a player from loan to do this. He is an actively, aggressively stupid man.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here