Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Upsetting

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
All of the momentum we built in our final season at Withdean, then moving into our fantastic new stadium, continually breaking our transfer record and raising the bar with player recruitment all seems in the dim and distant past.

It was an utterly depressing watch tonight, seeing so many empty seats and a poor team performance, with no direction or leadership on the bench.

Whilst FFP has played a part, we have neglected the playing side of the club which I find staggering as it was quality player recruitment that brought in much needed revenue e.g. Ulloa, Buckley, Bridcutt, Noone & Barnes. In effect we trusted our manager to speculate to accumulate, now we clog up the team with untested free transfers, loan players, panic buys (Baldock) & needless buys (Stockdale) when we had a perfectly sound keeper.

I started to sense something cancerous in the club last season, and this season the club have got what they deserved, they are treating the fans as mugs and it's about time we stood up and made our feelings clear. Player recruitment has been shambolic and it's no surprise to see such a low level of passion on the pitch when our squad has 6 loanees.

Sami has to go but he cannot shoulder all of the blame, Barber & Burke are as much too blame.

This club used to have a soul, Barber seems to have single handedly ripped that out, by trying to turn us into this corporate beast that values greed and money over loyalty and community.

Time for Bloom to make wholesale changes from top to bottom and clear out Barber, Burke, Jones & Hypia and start investing in the team again.

KNC

Sep 3, 2003
Seven Dials
All of the momentum we built in our final season at Withdean, then moving into our fantastic new stadium, continually breaking our transfer record and raising the bar with player recruitment all seems in the dim and distant past.

It was an utterly depressing watch tonight, seeing so many empty seats and a poor team performance, with no direction or leadership on the bench.

Whilst FFP has played a part, we have neglected the playing side of the club which I find staggering as it was quality player recruitment that brought in much needed revenue e.g. Ulloa, Buckley, Bridcutt, Noone & Barnes. In effect we trusted our manager to speculate to accumulate, now we clog up the team with untested free transfers, loan players, panic buys (Baldock) & needless buys (Stockdale) when we had a perfectly sound keeper.

I started to sense something cancerous in the club last season, and this season the club have got what they deserved, they are treating the fans as mugs and it's about time we stood up and made our feelings clear. Player recruitment has been shambolic and it's no surprise to see such a low level of passion on the pitch when our squad has 6 loanees.

Sami has to go but he cannot shoulder all of the blame, Barber & Burke are as much too blame.

This club used to have a soul, Barber seems to have single handedly ripped that out, by trying to turn us into this corporate beast that values greed and money over loyalty and community.

Time for Bloom to make wholesale changes from top to bottom and clear out Barber, Burke, Jones & Hypia and start investing in the team again.

I like this post.

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
In 27 years of supporting this football club I have never felt so apathetic as I have done this season. That includes the Gillingham years. Thanks Paul Barber for ripping the heart and soul out of our football club.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
In 27 years of supporting this football club I have never felt so apathetic as I have done this season. That includes the Gillingham years. Thanks Paul Barber for ripping the heart and soul out of our football club.

Shall I put you down as "maybe" for the Christmas jumper?

Oct 11, 2005
London

Totally agree. Disgusted with what Barber & Burke have done to our club.

Winker

CUM ON FEEL THE NOIZE
Jul 14, 2008
The Astral Planes, man...
I've never known an atmosphere to be so angry and hostile at a Brighton game before, it will take one hell of a turn-around to get everyone onside again. Where's Bloom right now? Oh yeah - Oz. Good timing.

Feb 14, 2010
I've never known an atmosphere to be so angry and hostile at a Brighton game before, it will take one hell of a turn-around to get everyone onside again. Where's Bloom right now? Oh yeah - Oz. Good timing.

No need to exagerate.The goal posts are still standing, the directors have not been chased from their seats and nobody has broken into the board room so quite a long way to go before that claim stands!

Jolene81

Jan 28, 2014
Worthing
So embarrassed to be a Brighton fan tonight and it had nothing to do with the football! The chants & booing was ridiculous, but I'm sure everyone looked 'cool' on the TV :tosser:

I seem to remember people wanting Oscar out when it looked like we weren't going to make the play offs last season, yet the north stand are singing his song lol yeah amazing! :clap:

I'm sure to any prospective managers our fans are doing us proud, they will be falling over themselves to get the job.

Southy

Jul 7, 2003

You obviously weren't at the Goldstone in 96/97 then...

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill

Yup, Sami will get most of the grief but there are many culpable people. The crossing tonight was w@nk which is not Sami's fault, and as for those w@nkers behind me booing each time Sami caught the ball, please go and support Palace.

Silver flying chariot

Aug 5, 2003

Totally agree. - The behaviour of our so called "fans" was a disgrace.... A compelling clear summing up of our current predicament. - great post -Well done. The fighting fans in the north stand were a disgrace. - people are allowed to have a different opinion of the "Mob rules" - horrible atmosphere, never seen anything like it in all my time supporting this great team - How is this going to help in any way at all?

Albion Ranger

Jul 8, 2014
Big Nuts is spot on. Summed up the situation perfectly. Sami's getting all the flak, but surely the problem lies with the recruitment policy. Maybe they think we can survive until Lancing starts producing, but this situation with so many loan players clearly isn't working. Paul Barber, as CEO, must take responsibility for the mess we're in. There has to be a change in direction. It's not just about changing the manager.

Bombadier Botty

Complete Twaddle
Jun 2, 2008
The handbags in the North was an embarrassment and took me back to the end of the Liam Brady days, infighting in the North at The Goldstone. As entitled to voice his opinion as he was, the bloke with the lumbersexual beard getting into people's faces tonight was a pathetic sight. I presume him and The Judge shook hands later.

Big Nuts is spot on. Summed up the situation perfectly. Sami's getting all the flak, but surely the problem lies with the recruitment policy. Maybe they think we can survive until Lancing starts producing, but this situation with so many loan players clearly isn't working. Paul Barber, as CEO, must take responsibility for the mess we're in. There has to be a change in direction. It's not just about changing the manager.

I think you will find he's doing what the boss wanted him to do! Buck starts and stops with Bloom!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here