Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

McCourt, Calderon, Holla, Ince

Marty___Mcfly

I see your wicked plan - I’m a junglist.
Sep 14, 2011
Should be the first names in the team sheet. Why aren't they starting? We need some experience, passion, and just some character on the pitch. #lackingeverything

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
McCourt has the skill and balance but not the pace
Tex has the pace and skill but not the balance

If we would somehow fuse the two together we'd have a passable creative dynamo. Does anyone know a mad scientist?

phonetichalo

Feb 17, 2009
Argentina
04 Hughes
07 Colunga
14 Calderon
20 McCourt
22 Holla
24 Ince
31 Walton

the bench is better than the starting 11!

Since1982

Sep 30, 2006
Burgess Hill
Tex played well today but obviously ran out of legs after 70 mins, but agree these lads should be staring games

I thought Tex was shocking. Lightweight, incapable of controlling the ball and unable to play a meaningful final pass. I'm sure he has bags of talent but he is not what we need at the moment.

sllugaes

Dec 15, 2012
How Ince could be left out of the starting 11 after his role at Derby, and when he came on against Fulham is beyond me. How on earth can you leave him out over others. Something is going on!
Ince must be wondering what the hey is going on - Hypia just does not rate him - says it all hey.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Disagree about McCourt, Calde would be good but I prefer Bruno. Why Ince and or holla are not playing is a mystery.

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
Should be the first names in the team sheet. Why aren't they starting? We need some experience, passion, and just some character on the pitch. #lackingeverything

Playing tonight (*source = wikipedia so may not be entirely accurate)
JFC = 68 professional games since 2012
Gardner = 34 professional games since 2011
March = 27 league appearances as a professional since 2013
Dunk = 65 professional appearances in his career (63 for us between 2010 and now)
Teixeira = 18 professional games since 2013
unused sub
Ince = 41 league appearances in his career between August 2012 and now

As the OP has stated, a general lack of experience on the pitch tonight, especially when we have players in the squad who are fit and available and can provide that and help guide and develop these youngsters as well as provide oraganisation and leadership. I feel that our central midfield has needed some more experience in there rather than play both the relatively inexperienced JFC and Gardner together, as its a big ask for them to do everything and drive the team when they are still on a steep learning curve themselves.

Kemy and Holla reportedly played really well together away at Leeds and we won, but Kemy hasn't been involved since and Holla is now seemingly out of favor - why, if they helped us to a rare win haven't they both been involved more or played together since?

GolfingGull

Jul 21, 2013
Costa del Worthing
Why he is picking/playing all the loan players? Only Bent is probably justified as Baldock is injured. Tonight could have started :

-----Stockdake----
Bruno-Hughes-Dunk-Chicksen
- McCourt- Ince - JFC
March-- Bent-- Colunga

Im sure we would get a lot more fight & passion form our own players rather than those on loan.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here