Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

If we lose tonight, is that it for Hyypia?

If we lose tonight, will Hyypia get the sack?

• Yes he will

Votes: 43 23.2%
  • No he won't (but he should)

Votes: 128 69.2%
  • No he won't (which is right)

Votes: 14 7.6%

• Total voters

Skylar

Banned
Jul 29, 2014
I've more chance of getting banned from here than Hyypia is getting the sack or walking.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
If the board have given him their backing this week then he is safe even if we get smashed. Which is frikin MENTAL .

SAC

May 21, 2014
I think it will be an easy win but should it be a loss, Hyypia will be gone.

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
No it won t. Maybe it should be. But He will have till Fulham away to show something of an improvement. If not i expect a new man to be in charge for the FA cup weekend but not before

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
Well he hasn't been sacked yet - and that's despite some poor results, questionable team selections and unimpressive media interviews. So clearly there is still some faith in Hyypia.

Personally I feel tonight is pivotal - we were a tad unlucky against Fulham and rather predictably lost at Derby - but a loss to Millwall at home would be very hard to take. We cannot afford to lose ground on our rivals, as that starts to take things out of our hands.

But I also suspect it isn't automatically nailed on for him to get the gooner. I suspect the manner of our performance will also be a factor. The Board have consistently backed Hyypia and would reasonably expect an encouraging performance. If we have a real go and the players leave everything on the pitch, but lose to an unfortunate deflection or crap Ref decision then I suspect Hyypia might still get the benefit of the doubt.

Conversely there is one other scenario that might come into play: if we only manage a dire 0-0 draw with little or nothing in the performance to encourage the Board (or fans!) - then it might tip the balance against him.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Worst of both worlds. Were loose and the useless idiot will still keep his job.

Worried Man Blues

Feb 28, 2009
Swansea
Do the board think it's the manager or the players, if he stays will they have the funds to back him in Jan. to 3/4 players of excellent quality. If they sack him will they be able to attract a good manager in our plight or another chancer, if whose results are no better and we then realise it was the players anyway. Whatever in the cack to a nasty level.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
It has to be. To lose at home to Millwall on the run we're having would not bode well at all. If we can't beat Millwall, who can we beat? Blackpool?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here