at home
Get him in

#binthefinn

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Would Greer have to step in as the club's official interpreter if McMoist was appointed ?

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
I am a Ranger fan but in all fairness McCoist, personality apart, is not the answer. In my opinion he doesn't have the 90 minute tactical nous to manage at Championship level.To be fair he has not got a lot to play with here in Scotland as far as a squad is concerned but I still don't think he is ready for the step up. Great guy though, one of life's all time fun chaps who I know is very very generous in his giving of time and money to various charities and community efforts.
I wish him well and hope he gets what he deserves and wants.

TNBA

TTF

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
I am a Ranger fan but in all fairness McCoist, personality apart, is not the answer. In my opinion he doesn't have the 90 minute tactical nous to manage at Championship level.To be fair he has not got a lot to play with here in Scotland as far as a squad is concerned but I still don't think he is ready for the step up. Great guy though, one of life's all time fun chaps who I know is very very generous in his giving of time and money to various charities and community efforts.
I wish him well and hope he gets what he deserves and wants.

TNBA

TTF

Serious question, not a swipe but .....

How do you come to that conclusion, how can we the fans possibly know what our teams managers weaknesses are, results offer a snapshot of our successes and failures and we all accept perhaps more than ever that if you start poorly then we nearly expect sackings before Christmas is upon us.

Even so the total conviction of many fans on whether a manager is good or bad is particularly eye catching, yes that includes Hyppia.

On the back of that I suspect that many good managers have been sacked and many poor managers that although deemed good are riding their luck.

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
Serious question, not a swipe but .....

How do you come to that conclusion, how can we the fans possibly know what our teams managers weaknesses are, results offer a snapshot of our successes and failures and we all accept perhaps more than ever that if you start poorly then we nearly expect sackings before Christmas is upon us.

Even so the total conviction of many fans on whether a manager is good or bad is particularly eye catching, yes that includes Hyppia.

On the back of that I suspect that many good managers have been sacked and many poor managers that although deemed good are riding their luck.

Granted but I think truly good and great managers can adjust mid game and sort it out. Not sure McCoist has it, not that SH has it either but at Championship level it is needed. Not so in Scottish Championship or Scottish Premiership which is more English Div 2 & Div 1 level.

That is all.

TNBA

TTF

Jambo Seagull

Jul 18, 2003
The Athens of the North
He's also been fleecing Rangers big style. The club is run by Spivs but he is the biggest spiv of the lot. He's been on £800k a year since the new club formed. £800k to beat teams populated by PE instructors, joiners and plumbers. He's tendered his resignation so he can get his pound of flesh off Ashley before newco goes into administration. A terrible manager but very good at lining his pockets.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
Granted but I think truly good and great managers can adjust mid game and sort it out. Not sure McCoist has it, not that SH has it either but at Championship level it is needed. Not so in Scottish Championship or Scottish Premiership which is more English Div 2 & Div 1 level.

That is all.

TNBA

TTF

I really think that all managers from the conference up, have planned adjustments depending how they interpret what's going right or not.

If fans want to gauge their managers worth by results then fine, thats pretty easy, but its fairly one dimensional and probably doesn't offer a genuine view on those managers skills.

But can we really indentify a managers analytical nous from our own low level knowledge of the game whilst watching from our ST seats, I doubt it.

SurreySeagulls

Jul 9, 2003
Guildford
He couldn't with all the riches (well riches in Scottish Championship) get a Rangers side playing any football. If you say he won two titles for NewCo then to be honest even our Sami would have won them and that is saying something. The only reason he has survived for so long is because the Fans love him for his past efforts when playing for Rangers. He is a poor manager and is being shown up by the likes of Alloa and Cowdenbeath etc. He can stay north of the border and continue to live on the riches of £750k for the next 12 months by tending to his garden

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here