Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hyypia appeals for help from the Amex crowd [The Argus]

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
Albion boss Sami Hyypia has issued a rallying cry to supporters intent on venting their anger at tonight's clash against fellow strugglers Millwall at the Amex.
Fans on social media outlets have been calling for the Finn's head after a run of one win in 16 league games, which has dropped the Seagulls into the bottom three.
They can haul themselves out of the relegation zone, above the visitors, with a victory and Hyypia believes the supporters have a big part to play.
He said: "If somebody comes with a negative mood that won't help anyone. It won't help the players to perform on the pitch.
"If they want to put their anger towards me they have the right. I would rather hope that they come with a positive mood to the stadium to support the team they love and that's how we can get a result.
"If the mood from the beginning of the game is very negative then that might affect maybe a few of the players and that might be enough that we have no chance to get the result. So I would hope that everyone is positive."
Hyypia accepts the onus is on his players to give the fans something to cheer about.
He said: "I think we are responsible to make the atmosphere good. If we play well and we create chances and defend well then the atmosphere can be very good and then we get the people behind us."

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here