Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
hyypia-111214-ld229-2138309_478x359.jpg

Sami Hyypia
Image by: Paul Hazlewood

PUBLISHED
09:00 12th December 2014
by James Hilsum
When something is not going to plan, then that’s when your true character comes out"
Sami Hyypia

Brighton & Hove Albion manager Sami Hyypia is counting on his players to show mental toughness during this testing period ahead of tonight’s match against Millwall at the Amex.
The Lions have also struggled to find form this season and lie just two points and two places above Albion in the table and Hyypia has urged his squad to remain positive in order to turn the situation around.
He told seagulls.co.uk, "Bad times always brings the real characters out. When it's going well it's very easy as you can hide your true character.
"But when something is not going to plan, then that’s when your true character comes out. I hope that we have many players here who stand tall when it really matters, are strong in the head and remain positive.
"I made a promise this week and said that I won't be negative. I've kept my promise and I hope that applies to the players as well. Our only way to turn the corner is to be positive.”

LATEST NEWS FROM SEAGULLS.CO.UK

The Albion boss is taking little notice of the Londoners’ position in the table and insists that no added importance has been placed on securing three points in this match.
"I think if you start to pay attention to it being a more important game because they are a direct (relegation) rival it's not the right way to approach it.
“We need everyone to be up for the game, no matter who we are playing against. Recently we have struggled a little bit to perform for the 90 minutes.
“We have had spells in games where the intensity of our game is very good and spells where we are too passive. That’s very difficult to explain and that’s why we need everyone to be up for the game.
"Everyone knows the importance of getting a result and that we need to turn the corner very quickly.”
[h=3]ALBION V MILLWALL
[/h]FRIDAY 12TH DECember, KICK-OFF 7.45PM

[h=3]ALBION V READING
[/h]friday 26th december, KICK-OFF 3PM

[h=3]Albion v BRENTFORD
[/h]SATURDAY 17TH JANUARY, kick-off 3pm

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here