ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
brighton.jpg v Millwall.jpg

Referee: JAMES LININGTON
Referee's Assistants: Richard Hulme and Chris Powell
Fourth Official: Lee Collins

TEAM NEWS

Brighton will be without skipper Gordon Greer and striker Sam Baldock for their match with fellow strugglers Millwall.
Greer is still struggling with a knee injury, while Baldock missed Saturday's defeat to Derby with a thigh problem.
However, striker Adriano Colunga is available for the Seagulls after returning from suspension.
Millwall's Lee Martin is set to be absent with a toe injury, but centre-back Danny Shittu could return to the starting line-up.

MATCH FACTS

Head-to-head

Brighton are unbeaten in their last six meetings with Millwall, having won two and drawn four.
Milllwall's last victory came in January 2010, with Steve Morison securing a 1-0 away win.

Brighton & Hove Albion

Brighton have won just once in their last 16 Championship games.
Despite their poor run, Saturday's defeat to Derby was the first time Brighton had failed to score in 10 Championship games.
Defender Lewis Dunk is the Seagulls' top scorer with five goals.

Millwall

Millwall have picked up one win from their last 15 Championship games.
Four of Millwall's last five away matches have ended in draws.
Only Huddersfield and Fulham have conceded more than Millwall's 31 goals in the Championship this season.​

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
It does feel like a very big game and night, for all sorts of reasons. First and foremost for the team and its chances of staying up, the win ratio is pitiful. One in the last 16 in the league, that is terrible. However late in the day getting three points from a winnable match is absolutely vital - but Millwall won't be pushovers even though they are also one of the weaker sides, coming back from 2-0 down at Bournemouth recently showed what they can do.

If Brighton don't win tonight, even though there are so many games to go a lot of fans will leave the ground thinking we're going down, so for morale of supporters and players a win is crucial.

Secondly, and obviously, for Hyypia. He is the man overseeing the above sequence of results, other clubs who were below us have sacked their manager and left us behind after seeing a big improvement. That is what the Brighton board will have been considering. There are certain kinds of results and situations that scream out 'he's gone' and if Brighton lost tonight it is hard to see how he will cling on.

Hopefully we can just nick any kind of win, psychologically getting out of the bottom three would be a massive start of any turnaround - and Darren Bent at 5-1 first goalscorer looks decent to me relative to the prices of some of the others on offer.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I'd imagine that defending has been high on the agenda during training this week. I don't think the team has got the balls required to battle out a win tonight, we're light weight. With this in mind I think a 0-0 might not be out of the question, a result that helps no one and keeps Hyypia in limbo for another week.

Please prove me wrong Brighton, it's been so long since a win I'm losing hope.

:bhasign:

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Let's hope the players pull their fingers out for a change and put in a performance tonight against a Millwall team that we really should be capable of beating despite our shortcomings this season.

If we lose tonight however, it would be a ****ing outrage if Hyypia doesn't have his P45 by Monday.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Predicting a win and the Hyypia out poll after the game being around the 65-70% mark.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here