Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

A cynical cynics view of reality TV.

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
This was an Email received today;-

X Factor...what is it all about?...you have four Judges...two of them should be charged with murder...of the English language....especially Mel B...QUOTE. "Do'yer no wat!...you git betta and betta ". Both her and Cheryl cannot sing...without dubbing,miming and voice enhacers and yet they are judging people for their singing...so how do people get on the show...a sixteen year old comes on stage and says...This is amazing (get in the amazing word it'll take you a long way) it's all I wanted and this is the greatest moment of my life,it's all I want in the world to perform...greatest moment of their life ? She's blooming 16 for christ sake. She continues...I'm doing this (sob) for my amazing granny who always supported me and has just passed away (sob),I'm doing this for her,I know she is watching me down here and she is supporting me with her amazing spirit.
Cue a recording 'star' who comes on stage and er... sings...even if they are crap,all four judges give a standing ovation as if they had no idea they were going to sing that song and have just heard the most wonderful rendition ever.
Next contestant comes on stage and Louie,Mel and Cheryl have given their verdict...then Mr Glitter teeth,pauses...looks around audience,hesitates ,(if the contestant was good) dollar signs roll around Simons eyes...then gives his verdict...That was the best audition we have heard tonight.

FLOG IT.
So why have you bought this bronze here today?
It was my great granny's and she passed it on to my granny who passed it on to my mother who left it to me. (This is to try and show how old and valuable it is.)
So why are you selling it?
I don't like it and want it to go to someone who would value it.
(Sod it,I want the money for a holiday.)
And what would you do with the money?
I would give the two children some of it,buy a new settee and give the rest to charity.
(Sod that,give the kids a £5 each and spend the rest on my holiday in Marbella).
Bronze doesn't sell at reserve price,disappointed seller..." Oh well,perhaps I'll keep it,it's not too bad is it.
(Jeez,I'll put it in another auction...maybe I'll get a lot more and fit in Benidorm as well.)

Cynical or what???????

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I really can't argue against any of that. I would add that the constant screaming is annoying and not in keeping with whats happening on screen. It puts you in mind of the crush whenever The Beatles landed at an airport in their heyday, the difference being though, that even Ringo has more talent than most of the bland no marks begging and pleading their way to fame.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here