Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The most drunk you have been or seen someone drunk at a football match ?

Caveman

Jul 14, 2003
Following on from the hangover thread, what is the most drunk you've either been or seen someone drunk at a football match?

Mine was some guy away at Blackpool, he slept the whole game laying down on the terraced steps, was woken by his mates and picked up and carried out at the final whistle. :lolol:

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
Last season guy sat next to my wife never seen him before or since he was drunk as a skunk fell a sleep on my wife's shoulder

Zukey Seagull

Jun 23, 2013
Worthing
i was at the play-off final in 2004 and i was in a executive box and drink was free and on tap. so got pretty drunk. i went to the loo and Chris Kamara opened the door for me!!

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
There was a guy at Millwall last season who had to be propped up as he stood with his mate the whole game as he was so pissed.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
a mate got so spanked two of us had to literally carry him between us, like Weekend at Bernies. we managed to get to and into the ground, i still dont understand how we got him through the turnstyles though.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
There was a guy at Millwall last season who had to be propped up as he stood with his mate the whole game as he was so pissed.

You'll have to narrow it down Beachy. That could be anyone of our first team squad.

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
A pre-season match at the Goldstone against Crystal Palace.

I went to a pub, I remember not where, and ended up drinking with a load of Palace fans. It was good fun and banter. Totally intoxicated I went to the game and unwittingly followed them in to the AWAY end.

Unperturbed and unaware of any pending danger I began cheering on the Albion. Instead of any hostility, possibly because those I had been drinking with explained the situation, I was viewed more with sympathy than derision.

Apparently someone was injured after the game with a pepper-spray, or something similar, and a few Palace were around Hove station looking for trouble. I was identified, but thanks to the intervention of someone, or some people, from the Palace group, I was left alone.

Twas potentially a dangerous situation a be in, and I was fortunate, given that a similar situation had occurred at Reading a few years before. Instead of becoming aggressive when drunk I become very trusting and open in character.

Thankfully I don't drink much these days.

Perfidious Albion

Oct 25, 2011
At the end of my tether
Wasn't me , I am as sober as a judge and boring as hell.... but at England v Scotland @ Wembley c approx 1972....

We had tickets from a "contact" and turned out to be behind the South goal (I'll not forget Gordon Banks ) We were three Englanders amongst a sea of paralytic Scotsmen waving flags, drinking and abusing our team . Wisely we kept schtum.....

One Scot in particular was totally out of his tree, propped against the crowd barrier he could only mumble "Come on Celtic!" ...Didn't know where he was ....

About half an hour into the game he grunted and shouted "Aaaagh"! , opened his fly and pissed himself spraying all of us in the near vicinity !

At half time,when it was possible, the crowd around us ( mainly the vocal Scots) called the stewards and had him carried away - Thank God...

I am pleased to recall that England won the match.. Such were the joys of the late lamented England V Scotland annual fixture - happy days....

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
This Guy... :rolleyes:

My apologies but it had to be done. :lolol:

Up to 4.5 million views on Youtube now for the famous Wealdstone Raider. Incredible scenes.

Charlies Shinpad

Jul 5, 2003
Oakford in Devon
Mate of mine come with us to the replay of the 83 Cup Final and as we knew we had no chance if winning we were all battered by the time we got on the mini bus up to Wembley.
When we arrived he was unconscious in the mini bus and remained that way until we got back to Littlehampton after the game !!

Fat Langers

Dec 27, 2007
Probably the away game at Liverpool a couple of years ago. Went for a prematch toilet visit as didn't want to get up through the game (waste of time that was!) As I walked into the toilet there was a guy with his pants and jeans right to the bottom of his ankles, trying to sing but couldn't due to his alcohol intake, with one hand waving around in the air and his other holding him up and swinging on the pipe coming down the wall. His little fella was waving everywhere and he just didn't care! He was clearly all about the football, his team and wanting to win that day!!
That would of been a long journey home and I was grateful I wasn't travelling with him!!

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
At Withdean.

I want to say a Leicester game but I'm really not sure. Some woman was behind me and was gone. F'ing this and that and shouting random stuff at the players.

The one I will always remember is he slurring at them "EDGE OF THE F'ING TABLE!". Still not sure what it meant

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patreon
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
'77 Cup Final, my cousin, who was 15 and I was 16, fell asleep about 15 minutes into the match, we had blagged beer off of other people on the train on the way up and then was served, clearly pissed and clearly underage at the old off licence by the tube station. He was propped up against a barrier snoozing for a good hour!

at Elm Park Reading - seem to remember throwing toilet rolls onto the pitch which had been stolen from a pub loo on the way up...
at Molyneux - nearly broke my ankle running down the terrace when we scored
and my personal favourite at Sixfields - extremely drunk from pubs en route & around the ground. Insulted the bouncer on the door of a pub next to the ground by insisting on calling him Rhino (Gladiators). Spent most of the game in the loo. Stopped in Watford for a drink on the way home. Insulted the server in MacDonalds getting my fillet o fish & then used the Gents loo. Seem to remember skipping arm in arm with my mate down the middle of Watford high street singing....mates had to stop the car on grass verge near box hill for me & my mate to puke up (for the 2nd time). Told the old man i'd be home about 7-8pm but as i still wasn't back by 2:30am he had actually called the police.
Ahhh happy days!

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
When I was about 15/16 me and my two mates had about 8 cans of lager before the a game against Swansea (this was the Hereford season.)

One of my pals went white as a sheet, threw up in the North stand and fainted. We had to take him to the medical area and missed most of the game, I think he ended up having to have his stomach pumped.

I fell asleep the a couple of years ago at a particuarly turgid Brimingham game at the Amex as a result still being up from the party the night before. I don't remember anything about the game, nor getting there or getting back.

Brother Sid

Jan 4, 2006
Horsham
Years ago went to the old Valley and stood on the big open terrace, the mate I was collapsed through drinking Woods Rum all morning beforehand and was carried off on a stretcher around the pitch by St John's Ambulance. Halfway round the pitch he stirred, woke up, fell off the stretcher, stumbled over the wall and back into the crowd.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
I see SIMMOSAYS pissed at most games[emoji481]

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here