Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Texeira

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
His debut at Birmingham was pretty stunning imo and I thought he'd be a big player for us this season. I had no reason to change my mind until he was bullied and battered by Middlesborough, since then he's been close on useless and extremely lightweight.

Can we also blame Hyypia for this?

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
His debut was Leeds wasn't it? I'd say that those very impressive first 2-3 games made him a marked man. You can't blame Hyppia for Midds (and subsequent teams) for doing their homework and targeting his main weakness: the fact that he's a lightweight and easily bullied off the ball.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
His debut was Leeds wasn't it? I'd say that those very impressive first 2-3 games made him a marked man. You can't blame Hyppia for Midds (and subsequent teams) for doing their homework and targeting his main weakness: the fact that he's a lightweight and easily bullied off the ball.

Definitley Birmingham, I was there and it was the only high spot of the sort of clueless performance that has become the norm. He came on as a sub and looked head and shoulders above everyone else on the pitch. You may have a point re him being targeted though.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing

He came on at Birmingham and looked great, however those 2-3 games and 60 mins at Bournemouth apart, he has been very ordinary.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Can't believe he's not starting... Same with Holla!

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

He came on as a sub at Birmingham but his first start was at Leeds. I agree he looked tremendous to start but he has been kicked out of the game in the same way as LuaLua.

Biscuit Barrel

Jan 28, 2014
Southwick
Not wishing to put the boot in on SH, but most of the players seem to be going backwards under his reign. Tex started well and has now dropped off. Hola was fantastic in his first few games IMO, but he does not even get on the pitch now. The strikers can't score and our GK who got excellent reviews from Fulham fans has looked pretty dodgy all season, bar one or two games.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
I'm not sure he's up to it based on what I've seen . Has shown glimpses and had a few good games when arrived but for every great thing he does he manages to match it with bad . Could be youth but no way will he be the top player we thought . Could be champ player in time though

jay d

jay d n coke
Nov 16, 2014
brighton
Basically sami has f***ed him , along with holla,stockdale and the whole club.
thanks sami .

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
It wouldn't bother me if most of the loans were sent back to their clubs and we actually tried to sign players permanently who would then have a affinity to our club and maybe care more

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
Debut was impressive but not a lot since. Suspicions raised when Liverpool fan I know who is pretty avid Reds fan had not even heard of him, and could not hold a place in Brentford team last season. Will be a bit player from now.

Can be fairly sure that either the team we put out in February will include a number of players we've never heard of, or we are doomed, or both. The summer recruitment process was an unmitigated disaster and will need some investment to get us up the League/out of League One.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
He's not the only player whose form has nose dived as the seasons progressed

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
He came on as a sub at Birmingham but his first start was at Leeds. I agree he looked tremendous to start but he has been kicked out of the game in the same way as LuaLua.

What is a Palace fan doing giving thumbs down on a thread that doesn't concern him?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here