Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ronaldo v Messi

Who is the better player?

• Total voters

Del Boy

Oct 1, 2004
Time for NSC to settle it, who is the best?

messi-ronaldob430-1303910769.jpg

jay d

jay d n coke
Nov 16, 2014
brighton
Im going for ronaldo , for these reasons.
ronaldo has done the business in the 2 best leagues in the world. For messi to be considered better imo, he needs to show he can do it in the premier league, as wel as la liga. The premier league is harder as other than barca and real, the teams in our league are stronger.
also watching ronaldo excites me more than messi with his hi speed and skills.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Ronaldo. The most complete player I've ever seen, possibly ever? (Physique, Skill, Aerial ability, Pace ect)

gordonchas

Jul 1, 2012
Im going for ronaldo , for these reasons.
ronaldo has done the business in the 2 best leagues in the world. For messi to be considered better imo, he needs to show he can do it in the premier league, as wel as la liga. The premier league is harder as other than barca and real, the teams in our league are stronger.

If this is your main reason, and it's one fairly regularly given an airing, it doesn't make a lot of sense. By that logic some of the greatest players to have ever played would be considered lesser mortals because they didn't play in a league other than their domestic one. Both players have near identical scoring records in the Champions League which is a proper test when considering their respective feats. It's barmy to think that somehow Messi would be unable to score and create goals against the likes of West Brom, QPR and Burnley when he already has an almost 1:1 goal/game ratio against the top English sides in the Champions League.

Your point about the Premier League being "harder" than La Liga is a moot point and another that's often debated, being a matter of opinion, and yours isn't one I share. Aguero has a much better strike rate in England than he had in Spain, and Diego Costa isn't exactly finding it hard to find the net.

Regardless of that, if anyone thinks Messi has to leave Spain to somehow prove his greateness, then those people have something seriously wrong with their eyesight. Even this season his performances make Luis Suarez look average by comparison - Suarez scoring more goals per game in the "harder" PL last season than Messi or Ronaldo managed in the Spanish League.

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
Messi for me.

Whilst Ronaldo is the complete physical player, with some crazy skills to boot, I believe Messi to be better technically.

He's unlikely to muscle through a defender as Ronaldo could do, due to his own size, so uses stupidly good close dribbling and trickery instead.

Realistically, there'll never be an answer either way, they're the modern Maradona vs Pele argument.

jay d

jay d n coke
Nov 16, 2014
brighton
If this is your main reason, and it's one fairly regularly given an airing, it doesn't make a lot of sense. By that logic some of the greatest players to have ever played would be considered lesser mortals because they didn't play in a league other than their domestic one. Both players have near identical scoring records in the Champions League which is a proper test when considering their respective feats. It's barmy to think that somehow Messi would be unable to score and create goals against the likes of West Brom, QPR and Burnley when he already has an almost 1:1 goal/game ratio against the top English sides in the Champions League.

Your point about the Premier League being "harder" than La Liga is a moot point and another that's often debated, being a matter of opinion, and yours isn't one I share. Aguero has a much better strike rate in England than he had in Spain, and Diego Costa isn't exactly finding it hard to find the net.

Regardless of that, if anyone thinks Messi has to leave Spain to somehow prove his greateness, then those people have something seriously wrong with their eyesight. Even this season his performances make Luis Suarez look average by comparison - Suarez scoring more goals per game in the "harder" PL last season than Messi or Ronaldo managed in the Spanish League.

but the english premier lge is more phisical. So if messi came over and played in our top lge and struggled on a cold rainy day and couldnt cconsistently play at his top level. Then that would for some people help them decide in this debate.

p.s. im not saying he would struggle in this league just because we havent seen him do it here, is a valid reason imo to use that when debating something as hard as deciding who is better.

Fran Hagarty

Jul 5, 2003
Mid Sussex
Messi.

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
I think Cristiano Ronaldo might be the most complete footballer ever to play the game. There's nothing he can't do.

So him.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Ronaldo for me, offers more in a game than Messi

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
...It's barmy to think that somehow Messi would be unable to score and create goals against the likes of West Brom, QPR and Burnley when he already has an almost 1:1 goal/game ratio against the top English sides in the Champions League.

is it? would Messi create the oppurtunities being marked and kicked out of the game on cold Tuesday nights oop north? maybe, but we can say Ronaldo did. more over, while Messi has had the backing of a stella, slick, efficient side, Ronaldo has sometimes carried misfiring sides, particularly Portugal. Ronaldo seems to have a more all round game, Messi can go missing a bit if not fed good ball.

Yoda

English & European

I know it's easier said than done, but keep Messi off his right foot hand he'll struggle. 85% of his goals have been scored with his right peg. Ronaldo can do it with either AND his head as he has a great leap on him too.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here