Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Nigel Farage MEP v Russell Brand - Question Time BBC1 22:35 *** Official Match Thread ***

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Required viewing and high hopes of quality car-crash television (assuming UKIP leader is not delayed en route to the studio by traffic congestion and high levels of immigration)

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
I prefer to call it the TWATOFF.

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
What annoys me with this is they know it won't have anything even close to a reasoned debate, not that Question Time does all that often. It'd just be nice if they presented the illusion that they were trying to discuss something rather than booking two loud mouth idiots to shout at each other for the duration while, presumably, the other panellists look a bit miffed and can't get a word in edge ways.

ofco8

May 18, 2007
Brighton
What annoys me with this is they know it won't have anything even close to a reasoned debate, not that Question Time does all that often. It'd just be nice if they presented the illusion that they were trying to discuss something rather than booking two loud mouth idiots to shout at each other for the duration while, presumably, the other panellists look a bit miffed and can't get a word in edge ways.

This. I won't bother to watch. Bed early to get my strength for the drama tomorrow evening!!!

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Hard to think of anything that less resembles a politics show I'd like to watch than those two egotistical idiots grandstanding on Question Time.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
I'd like to see a few Question Time's without any politicians on there. Perhaps then we could hear some really reasoned arguments.

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
What annoys me with this is they know it won't have anything even close to a reasoned debate

What will happen is Russell Brand will stick to his usual argument, and it will be responded to with the usual replies, "you're a hypocrite", "you have lots of money", etc etc, until he loses his rag and calls them snide etc.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Russell Brand's face offends me, there's something about that smug grin that says "punch me now".

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Well if that happens I might tune in #parklife

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
At the end of the day. One is a comedian, one is the leader of a political party. Only going to be one loser.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Headline writers for tomorrow's papers will be licking their lips over this one, guaranteed. Hold the front page! Oh, and pages 2-3 also! :lol:

El Sid

May 10, 2012
West Sussex
The only question tonight should go to the BBC
"What are these two f**kwits doing on an allegedly sensible debating program?"
It'll be 21st century Punch & Judy.
Isn't TOWIE on ITVbe at the same time?

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
What will happen is Russell Brand will stick to his usual argument, and it will be responded to with the usual replies, "you're a hypocrite", "you have lots of money", etc etc, until he loses his rag and calls them snide etc.

Yup. It also amazes me that anyone thinks what Brand has to say is amazing, it's just the same stuff that teenage "revolutionaries" spout all the time, and he doesn't seem to present any real answer beyond "We need a revolution" that I've seen. On the other hand he does seem to be getting quite good at spinning his empty arguments into self-publicity, so maybe he's not that different from politicians any how.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Yup. It also amazes me that anyone thinks what Brand has to say is amazing, it's just the same stuff that teenage "revolutionaries" spout all the time, and he doesn't seem to present any real answer beyond "We need a revolution" that I've seen. On the other hand he does seem to be getting quite good at spinning his empty arguments into self-publicity, so maybe he's not that different from politicians any how.

Russell Brand reaches a demographic some of whose members might never otherwise be exposed to some of the moral outrages he's pretty damn good at railing against. In my book, anyone who raises the level of political debate, albeit ever so slightly, has to be a good thing shirley, in the same way as the Scottish Independence debate raised awareness of political issues north of the border. Its to the eternal shame of the mainstream parties that the big points are being scored by the likes of Nigel Farage, Alex Salmond and, yes, Russell Brand. First time Russell Brand decides to stand for Mayor Of London, as he inevitably will, he'll cause a major upset.

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country

It's also the same stuff that resonates with a lot of people. He may mot have all the answers but at least he's thinking about actual alternatives instead of promoting more of the same just with a different colour tie.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here