Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Xmas 2014 BOOZE deals

Spun Cuppa

Thanks Greens :(
Did a search and couldn't find a thread on this...

My suggestion is Aldi doing Monsigny champagne at nine pounds ninety nine pennies

Any other notable savings in your locale?

:drink:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
My suggestion is Aldi doing Monsigny champagne at nine pounds ninety nine pennies

And don't forget your £5 lobsters at Aldi to go with your £9 champagne. Gotta love the Germans.

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
Did a search and couldn't find a thread on this...

Any other notable savings in your locale?

:drink:

Got 3 so far...
Anyone think their 'Baileys' @£7 tastes better than the real thing, tried a sip of the Blondes and was pleasantly surprised as on the ignore list usually

And don't forget your £5 lobsters at Aldi to go with your £9 champagne. Gotta love the Germans.

£5.99 Lobster from Lidl.

Also if you order from Tesco for home delivery or click and collect for the first time (if done before use a different email address) enter XXMNGL at the checkout to get £15 off. I think it's for orders over £60.

Spun Cuppa

Thanks Greens :(
£5.99 Lobster from Lidl.

Also if you order from Tesco for home delivery or click and collect for the first time (if done before use a different email address) enter XXMNGL at the checkout to get £15 off. I think it's for orders over £60.

I'm surprised BG hasn't posted on this thread, as he used to be in the pub game I think, but doesn't like to mention it :smile:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I'm surprised BG hasn't posted on this thread, as he used to be in the pub game I think, but doesn't like to mention it :smile:

This and his support for convicted rapists.

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
JD Honey £15 Tesco's, £17 Co-op. Apparently a glass of Baileys on the rocks mixed with a shot of JD Honey is lovely. I just need to get a cheap bottle of Bailey's at Aldi.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Lidl have bottles of a Shepherd Neame bitter, it's something like "Reindeer's Tipple". Not usually one for novelty beers, but it's actually really good, and about £1 a bottle. Get on it.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
£4.99 Prosecco, Lidl.

Come on, it's Xmas. Fill your boots with the real stuff at £9. You can't have Prosecco with lobsters.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Nice, but a tad sweet for my liking.
Really? It's pretty dry.
Come on, it's Xmas. Fill your boots with the real stuff at £9. You can't have Prosecco with lobsters.
Cheap Prosecco is generally better than cheap Champagne. I generally don't think champagne is worth bothering with, you're better going English (Bolney Bubbly, Ridgeview, Nyetimber, etc.)

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Really? It's pretty dry.

Cheap Prosecco is generally better than cheap Champagne. I generally don't think champagne is worth bothering with, you're better going English (Bolney Bubbly, Ridgeview, Nyetimber, etc.)

The champagne houses whose NV are always high quality are: Billecart-Salmon, Pol Roger and Louis Roederer. Krug's not so bad too if you can afford it (which I can't). I agree that those English sparklers really are of a high standard, but I do prefer those three champagne houses.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Nice, but a tad sweet for my liking.

The champagne houses whose NV are always high quality are: Billecart-Salmon, Pol Roger and Louis Roederer. Krug's not so bad too if you can afford it (which I can't). I agree that those English sparklers really are of a high standard, but I do prefer those three champagne houses.

I did the tour/tasting at Ruinart, now that was special. As well as Taitanger and Mercier.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Good call. Might have to go and buy some malt/brandy at that expensive, but well-stocked gaff.

Examples that I can remember:

Old Pulteney £31, reduced to £25, less 10% = £22.50
Abelour £32, reduced to £24, less 10% = £21.60

Didn't look at the Brandy.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here