Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How would you feel if Bloom put the club up for sale?

Kuipers Supporters Club

Feb 10, 2009
GOSBTS
For whatever reason he wants out and has put it up for sale. (Let's just imagine that it could happen).

A foreign Investor owning multinational companies - with a load of money wants to come in and buy him out.

What would you think?

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
rehash of old threads I'm afraid
and if it was going to happen we would not hear about it

Southwest Seagull

Jul 3, 2013
Ultimately I don't think it'd matter unless someone with a footballing brain is put in general charge of footballing affairs.

We have Burke for transfers and Hyypia for coaching, but someone who really knows the game in the championship as either Chief Executive or Director of Football would be far more useful. Someone who can offer Hyypia general advice and help Bloom make the really important decisions. Barber does his job as general manager in the commercial sense, but we seem to lack someone like that in our set up.

Mayonaise

May 25, 2014
Haywards Heath
I for one would be gutted! I love the fact that we have a real fan at the helm.

Things might not great right now but I'd rather have TB in charge than be the play thing of a Vincent Tan type fruit loop

Spun Cuppa

Thanks Greens :(
The amount of bollo*ks TB has to put up with, including on here, did make me wonder if he'd sell up. The stadium is done, as is the training ground, so he has a 'turn-key' Championship set-up. I wouldn't try to guess at his outlay or if he'd get it all back, but if Man U cost 800 mill (?), it can't be far off 200 for BHA, shirley?

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
No thanks. I am happy to have a man at the helm who actually cares about the club.

Half the Glazers want out of MU. They see it purely as a business proposition.

Villa owner doesn't want to invest any more in the team.

People like the Venkys and Fulham's new owner know Jack Shite about the game.

Ali_rrr

Feb 4, 2011
Utrecht, NL
The amount of bollo*ks TB has to put up with, including on here, did make me wonder if he'd sell up. The stadium is done, as is the training ground, so he has a 'turn-key' Championship set-up. I wouldn't try to guess at his outlay or if he'd get it all back, but if Man U cost 800 mill (?), it can't be far off 200 for BHA, shirley?

You reckon we're a quarter of the size of Manchester United? Especially at the time when they were Champions League!

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Would be disappointed and a bit worried about what might happen, but that's life.

narly101

Feb 16, 2009
London
I think there's more to this than meets the eye. I think Bloom wants out.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut

I've done a full valuation and he would be lucky to get £20-30 million

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
I would feel very sad.

Same. I like the idea that Tony Bloom passes the Club onto his children (if they want it).

He is kind of living the dream, unable to play for the Club, he made enough money and has sufficient nous to purchase it, invest on it, and be a custodian of something that is important to a lot of people. You have to respect the bloke.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here