Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Wetherspoons

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
Love them or hate them we probably have all been in one or more. But what is the best Wetherspoons you have ever been in ?

For me The Oyster Rooms on the Fulham Road, good service, location and it wasn't like gods waiting room !

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
The one in Haslemere is lovely.beautiful old pub and it sells cheap ale!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I've only been in George St Hove, are you telling me that the are some without loud pissed up piss smelling pensioners at 10 am?

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
The Willow Walk, on the road at the side of Victoria Station. so much better than the one on the concourse of the station

ManOnTheRun

Jul 7, 2003
West Hove
The Metropolitan Bar on the Marylebone Rd. I'm not sure of the heritage of the building and I can't be arsed to look it up but it certainly is a little different to your average Weatherspoons. Had a very pleasant (and cheap) family brunch in there prior to doing the tourist thing at Madame Tussauds.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
The Surrey Docks in Rotherhithe/Bermondsey. maybe due to familarity, but it felt like a local. for the area there was no trouble or moodiness, and had a couple of really good landlords while i was a regular, and an old dear as cook who looked likeshe was from the cast of a Miss Marple.

Butch Willykins

Jun 17, 2011
Shoreham-by-Sea
The Metropolitan Bar on the Marylebone Rd. I'm not sure of the heritage of the building and I can't be arsed to look it up but it certainly is a little different to your average Weatherspoons. Had a very pleasant (and cheap) family brunch in there prior to doing the tourist thing at Madame Tussauds.

I think the building used to house the offices of the Metropolitan railway company (they ran the metropolitan line before London Underground took it over). It's something like that anyway, I read about it in a book about the history of the Tube.

The one in Burgess Hill seems to be virtually empty most days. I wouldnt think that it is hitting its target.

I have a mental image of you pitched up on the benches outside with a clicker counting footfall.

I live and work in Burgess Hill, often needing to pass during the day on route to the Station to travel to London, I've never seen it empty.

Spoons jealousy.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here