Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Curious and very old photos of the Goldstone

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Just found this photo of the south-western corner of the Goldstone in 1931, with the "Goldstone Chemical Works" and a railway goods yard behind.

EPW037253.jpg

Anyone got any others that people may not have seen?

Anyone know anything about the chemical works? What about the funny little mock-tudory place?

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Just found this photo of the south-western corner of the Goldstone in 1931, with the "Goldstone Chemical Works" and a railway goods yard behind.

EPW037253.jpg

Anyone know anything about the chemical works? What about the funny little mock-tudory place?

Wow, that's quite a find. I had no idea that the chemical works and those railway sidings ever existed, Does anyone have any idea when either were demolished? In fact the road that ran along the back of the south stand didn't seem to be much more than a rough track which petered out at the south-west corner of the ground.

Dan Gleeballs

Nov 24, 2011

EPW037253.jpg

Great photo. About the only buildings still standing now are the houses in the background. All fields where Hove park school is

Grassman

Jun 12, 2008
Tun Wells
The railway sidings were there until the 70s at least I think. We used to get our coal from there. Unless I dreamt it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here