Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tom Yum

GOM

living vicariously
Aug 8, 2005
Leeds - but not the dirty bit
Anyone got any interesting recipes, or dare I say it uses, using Tom Yum paste other than soup ?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Shall I merge this with [MENTION=19920]amexee[/MENTION] 's 'Birthday Treat' thread?

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
A good Tom Yum Soup is an absolute delight just so long as it is just hot enough so you can finish the bowl. If you are feeling wussy then add some Coconut Milk to soften the edge. The one key ingredient is proper Thai Basil (if you can get that) trouble is it does not grow here in winter. Ordinary Basil can be used but it looses that amazing smell without it.

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
I ****in' love tom yum soup especially when it's hot enough to make your eyes water and the snot run out of your nose :lolol:
This. Used to (don't know if they still do) sell a lovely Tom Yum soup base in Tesco in the World Food section (the one in Worthing anyway) that did more or less the above. Gorgeous with some extra lime juice added on top too.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
This. Used to (don't know if they still do) sell a lovely Tom Yum soup base in Tesco in the World Food section (the one in Worthing anyway) that did more or less the above. Gorgeous with some extra lime juice added on top too.

Tom Yum paste is available in nearly all the Chinese shops, I can vouch for the Wing Wah food market in Clifton Road, Worthing, the one just up from The Komedia and Uni Thai in Church Road Hove all stocking it. Use a tablespoon of paste and add Lime Juice, Fish Sauce, Garlic, Lemongrass,Chicken Stock, Kaffir Lime Leaves, Chillies, Mushrooms and Chicken... winner !

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I ****in' love tom yum soup especially when it's hot enough to make your eyes water and the snot run out of your nose :lolol:

This.

There were several Thai restaurants in Taipei when I lived there that made it hot enough to turn EVERYTHING liquid. Yet somehow it was addictive. Thai Connection on Blatchington Road do a fairy good pastiche but you have to be in Asia for the full RUNNY FUN experience IMHO :eek:

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Tom Yum Spaghetti. That's not soup, is it?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here