Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Play.com

seggers

Nov 10, 2009
Worthing
Anyone ordered of them and the item fail to arrive? Currently having that issue, had to wait a week after estimated date to flag it as not delivered. Now they expect me to wait another 3 days to give the seller a chance to reply before they will get involved. If anyone else has had this issue can you let me know how or if it was resolved for you.

narly101

Feb 16, 2009
London
Haven't used Play.com ever since it was taken over by Ratuken or whatever it is. Problems with loads of dodgy sellers on there.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patreon
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
play.com was fantastic before they sold out their soul. Haven't used them for years.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Haven't ordered anything from them since they were taken over and the prices shot up.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Haven't used Play.com ever since it was taken over by Ratuken or whatever it is. Problems with loads of dodgy sellers on there.

I'm not certain, but I think they got into issues with tax or whatever because they were registered in the Channel Islands, then Ratuken bought them (or not, I'm not sure of the specifics) but they've been poor since then. Shame really.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patreon
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
I'm not certain, but I think they got into issues with tax or whatever because they were registered in the Channel Islands, then Ratuken bought them (or not, I'm not sure of the specifics) but they've been poor since then. Shame really.

They were using VAT loopholes to keep their prices down. What really killed them for me was the change from direct supplier to being a market place. The service plummeted then.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
They were using VAT loopholes to keep their prices down. What really killed them for me was the change from direct supplier to being a market place. The service plummeted then.

Ah, i see. Cheers for clarifying! Completely agree that the faecal matter hit the fan when they went to a marketplace...it was like the Amazon marketplace....only even shitter.

tinycowboy

Aug 9, 2008
Canterbury
I read somewhere that their business model is not to hold any stock. You therefore have to wait when you order something. Not entirely sure how that works - maybe it's run by the bloke fom The Apprentice who thinks that if you buy something for £10 and sell it for £7 then you've done well because you've got some sales. AND you may be able to reclaim tax on 20% of your losses.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here