Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Keep Hyppia sack Jones

Southy

Jul 7, 2003
Could this be an option? Get rid of Jones and get in a more experienced coach as his no 2. Given that it should have been Sammy Lee anyway, maybe the board might see this as the right move.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
Sack them both, we need a new team at the top.....and it needs to happen now, before the Jan window opens and to allow the new guys to at least have a couple of December games to evaluate.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
He needs a more experienced man such as George Graham as his number 2.

jimbob5

Banned
Sep 18, 2014
He needs a more experienced man such as George Graham as his number 2.
Yeah, get a bloke who's won the then First Division [now Prem] twice, FA Cups, League cups and European Cup Winners Cup to be an Assistant to someone 30 years younger who can't win a game in the second tier! Nice one.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Get rid of both of them otherwise we'll end up with a "legacy" number 2.

SAC

May 21, 2014
Sacking Jones could work but I think it's more of a risk than sacking them both and I imagine that getting an experienced #2 (snicker snicker) may be harder than appointing a new manager and #2 (fnarr fnarr)

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
I'm still struggling to understand the continued animosity towards Jones. I've not had experience of what he is like as a coach - is it just because he was a **** when he left us, or is there something else?

Nathan

Jan 8, 2010
Would rather keep jones and bin the fin. If the new person that comes in has his own number 2 then move jones elsewhere within the club. Jones does have a track record of developing the younger players, and was part of the OG set up that got us to the play offs. He also did well with the academy team at Charlton.

Dan Gleeballs

Nov 24, 2011
Tony Bloom: Gentlemen only 3 league victories recorded, the club languishing in a relegation position and morale as low as ever. How can we address this slide?

Paul Barber: How about a scapegoat?

David Burke : erm... Sack Jones!!!

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
I'm still struggling to understand the continued animosity towards Jones. I've not had experience of what he is like as a coach - is it just because he was a **** when he left us, or is there something else?

This, its the Barnes/Barber effect of a selection of our fans who know nothing but think they are experts

Telford Seagull

Jul 5, 2011
Telford
This is probably the worst point yet.....lets look at what we know so far....

I can tell you, Nathan Jones is a superb coach and infact one of the best young coaches around the game in this country...thats a promise. He also is very passionate about the club and actually shows it, so i've got no idea why people wan't HIM out so much. ALSO, last season under the head coach of Oscar Garcia, Oscar did very little coaching on the training ground, such is the role of a head coach. He liked to explain what we needed to work on and then let his coaches (Jones, Martinez, Torrijo Navarro etc) do the actual coaching of that. Jones took on the majority of this coaching.....and that season went pretty well did it not?!

This season however, we have a MANAGER and one who likes to do a lot of the coaching....an old fashioned manager in that respect. Jones therefore has taken a big step back from the day to day coaching to allow the manager to do it. Is it not possible a big factor in our decline that Jones isn't actually doing much coaching at all?

Shoot down that theory if you will, but i would bet my house on it being a HUGE factor

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
This is probably the worst point yet.....lets look at what we know so far....

I can tell you, Nathan Jones is a superb coach and infact one of the best young coaches around the game in this country...thats a promise. He also is very passionate about the club and actually shows it, so i've got no idea why people wan't HIM out so much. ALSO, last season under the head coach of Oscar Garcia, Oscar did very little coaching on the training ground, such is the role of a head coach. He liked to explain what we needed to work on and then let his coaches (Jones, Martinez, Torrijo Navarro etc) do the actual coaching of that. Jones took on the majority of this coaching.....and that season went pretty well did it not?!

This season however, we have a MANAGER and one who likes to do a lot of the coaching....an old fashioned manager in that respect. Jones therefore has taken a big step back from the day to day coaching to allow the manager to do it. Is it not possible a big factor in our decline that Jones isn't actually doing much coaching at all?

Shoot down that theory if you will, but i would bet my house on it being a HUGE factor

I was really impressed by the interviews by Jones at the start of the Oscar reign. Really did come across that he knew what he was doing and was indeed a bright young coaching prospect. No issues with him being at the club myself.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
This could be a very realistic option, and one Bloom must prefer to just sacking Sami. It was a massive mistake not bringing in an experienced assistant to work with SH. Jones should go back to coaching and a Sammy Lee type assistant brought in. Someone who knows the league and can help Hyppia improve.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here