Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How long have you had your mobile number?

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
Following a discussion on a social media site regarding mobile phones and numbers, it seems when people buy new phones they change the number,
Found this a bit strange personally and wondered why.

I've have the same number since 1994 and see no reason to change it.

Do people on here change them regularly?

Last edited:

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I've had mine ten years. With the ease of switching it to another phone it makes no sense to change it.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
10 years for me too, which only really means my number has had ample opportunity to be bought and sold.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
13 years.

Mtoto

Sep 28, 2003
13 years. The chap who had it before me went off to become the main PR for Everton. For years it was a right pain when they sacked their manager or made a big signing, and hacks up and down the country dug his name out of their contact books. I was getting two calls a minute at all hours of the day and night when they sold Rooney to Man U.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Around 15 odd years or so, cannot remember when I was first issued with a mobile phone at work.

Christmas 2000 when I got my first mobile, now in its fifth handset (different sim card though). Can't see why I would want to change it unless I started getting stalker type phone calls from Gilllian Anderson.

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
Euro 96 same number since, apart from a 7 slipped in to all, after the leading zero, long ago to boost capacity

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here