• Tony wants to lose less money by being in League 1 :lolol:

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
It's ridiculous now, he should have gone weeks ago.

So why hasn't he packed his bags ? ???

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Because Tony has taken his eye off the ball.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
God knows. He must know he's made a mistake so why prolong things?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
He has obviously convinced the board he can turn it around starting Friday against Millwall. I think that he needs 7 points from the next 3 games to stand a chance. Win v Millwall and Reading and a draw at Wolves.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Complete loss of face by chairman - and very serious questioning as to his judgement in footballing matters - having been quoted in the Argus a month ago that the manager will be here for many years to come.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
He might be spooked by the prospect of sacking a man twice his height.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Incriminating photos of Tony Bloom and Paul Barber from the club Christmas party?

Skylar

Banned
Jul 29, 2014
Money and he's a nice guy for Bloom and Barber, after all, those two mugs employed him.The only people who will suffer are us, the fans but in the long term Bloom will be pulling his hair out when we're in division two with gates of 9k.

He had the golden carrot in front of him but opted for bugs bunny carrot. I don't give a shit anymore as it's not my millions he's spunking like a crack whore. He's tried to do things on the cheap but it's going to cost him so much that he might even think about pulling the plug as he has to think of his family lifestyle.

I don't care, I'll carry on cooking my cheap burgers at home and walking the pooches over the south downs, my life doesn't stop for the clown brigade of Burke, Barber, Bloom.

Onwards and upwards. Going to open a can :)

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
realistically any performance related clauses would be based off a meaningful time point, not random, so wait for 23 games or new year.

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
Can only assume he believes Sami an turn it around or there are no better candidates out there. It can not be money as the cost if dropping to league 1 would outway the cost of sacking sami.

Murray 17

Jul 6, 2003
For many weeks now, he has realised that we are not even going to make the play-offs. Therefore, this season is just about survival now.
We have 26 games to go, and we need about 35 more points. Maybe 10 wins and 5 draws.

Sacking him after losing away to the leaders would seem a bit harsh I guess, so he is waiting to see how we do against Millwall. If we lose, he's gone.
I can't say I agree with the way that Tony has let him hang on, but there is no way that he will stand by and watch us get relegated. I also think that he is seriously considering who could take over, as having Jones as a temporary manager is no answer.

Tony also has to consider whether an experienced manager will want to work with Burke, so maybe he is considering a massive upheaval and a restructuring of the management?

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Surely Bloom is not so thick to realise that we only get 20000+ crowds if we're doing well ? God knows what gates we'd get in League 1

13,000 Friday night should give us a good indication. Xmas around the corner, live on the box and over 2,000 pissed up idiots coming into town. I won't be driving the hours drive for a Friday night home game, to stand freezing my balls off on the platform after another gutless display. Holloway always had our number when we had a half decent side. Millwall will get about us Friday night and we won't be man enough for them, again...I shall watch at home, then nip out for a few jars after, all within 5 mins of my warm bed.

BHAryan

BHAryan
Feb 8, 2011
Worthing
Because Sami will leave the signings and transfers to Burke and Barber and this was probably agreed in the summer. Most managers will want control but Bloom does not want this he wants his money back and a business that brings him in more money.

Geriatric Seagull

Nov 10, 2009
Littlehampton
Why hasn't he been sacked? Because those in charge are seemingly unable to see what we paying mugs can see quite clearly-Hyypia is clueless as a manager and is taking us down. He and Jones show absolutely no sign of knowing how to turn things round so we will just have to sit back and wait for the inevitable!

kc1

Nov 11, 2011
I'm no football chairman but I would calculate how much the managers contract is worth at the start of each year and put that amount aside, ready to use if required....or is that too obvious?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here