Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Which alcohol was responsible for your first horrific hangover and how old were you?

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
In response to the post by [MENTION=13655]Ludensian Gull[/MENTION] in the "What's lurking in your drinks cabinet?" thread, I thought this might be worth a pop.

For me it was most of a bottle of Dubonnet, aged 15. Haven't touched the stuff since - can still remember the sickly coating on my teeth.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Cinzano, teenage camping holiday in the IoW.

Kikikaikai

Charlatan?
May 20, 2014
Brighton
MD20/20, White Lightning, Pulse and Hooch at the age of 12 prior to going to a "nappy night" (underage) event at a local nightclub. I am a Geordie after all!

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Punch when i was about 6 so i was told.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Pernod when I was about 19, ill for two days

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Probably snaketbite or snakebite and black, although Pernod featured early on too. I know a lot of people that can't stomach aniseed drinks as a result of a bad Pernod experience.

Do the kids still drink snakebite?

bn1&bn3 Albion

Jan 15, 2011
Portslade
Only really had 2 bad hangovers, one was a 2 day hangover after getting back from a mates stag weekend. The second was after a night at my mates hockey club, think I drank wine, beer, cider, vodka, whiskey, jager and sourz.. :sick:

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
about 15
started off with Carlsberg Special Brew,moved swiftly on to litre bottles of Merrydown Cider

christ did my hair hurt the next day

SAC

May 21, 2014
I was never one for hangovers as a youth but aged about 19 I went to a do and there was a bottle of port on the table. No one else drank any so I polished it off and I have never drunk port since. Hangover from hell.

Now I only have to drink 3 or 4 pints and I feel rough the next morning.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Vodka, 17.
I was sick all over my shoes outside the Queen's Head (I'd had the vodka before we even got to the pub)

Somehow I made it in to college the next day, my head felt like it was going to explode though.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
My grandmother used to slip me the odd gin and orange from about seven to keep me quiet when she was supposed to be babysitting!

I've been racking my brains trying to think why my tipple of doom was Dubonnet. This reminds me that my Nana used to do the same as this only with Port & Lemon(ade). There's the link! :facepalm:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here