Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Wishing Arsenal, Liverpool and Man City the Best of British in Europe this week

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Liverpool and Man City requiring a win to qualify and Arsneal a win plus a Dortmund defeat to finish top of the group, lets hope they can all do the business proudly flying the flag in Europe and provide some cheer in this gloomiest of seasons so far for us.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I'll be honest with you Crodo, I hope Arsenal lose. I'm fed up of their fans and the media bleating about Wenger and not spending millions to keep up with Citeh and Chelsea - my heart BLEEDS for the poor dears. They're a bunch of spoilt tossers whereas Dortmund is everything that's right about football on and off the pitch.

I agree with you about City and Liverpool though.

SAC

May 21, 2014
I have a Spanish mater who supports Bilbao, an Italian mate who supports Juve and another Fiorentina (not that Fiorentina are in Europe this season) so I will look out for their results as much as the English ones.

Perfidious Albion

Oct 25, 2011
At the end of my tether
I will watch the results with a bit of interest, but I cannot summon up the support that I used to feel for English teams in Europe..

In these days when clubs are corporations owned by foreign businessmen, with players drawn from the four corners of the globe, it just does not seem like "our lads against theirs". When Barca were playing brilliantly , I thrilled at what they did and admired them . I agree that German clubs are run in a way that benefits the fans....

I know the Albion is full of foreign players , but at least we are owned by a local man with roots in the club and community, and anyway, Albion are an exception in my heart

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
No way are Dortmund going to Paynter it up against Anderlecht. Arsenal match not worth watching.

Monaco vs ZSP could be tasty though.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I'll be watching the Liverpool game hoping it all goes HORRIBLY wrong for them. I think the ideal scenario would be for them to be leading...ohhh, lets say 2-0 with about 10 minutes left. Then Basel pull one back, and its like the Alamo in the Liverpool box. Then in the dying seconds, Skrtl goes to block a cross but slices it into his own net for 2-2 - and its back to Thursday nights on ITV4 for the bindippers once again.

Lovely stuff.

DTES

Jul 7, 2003
London
I'll be watching the Liverpool game hoping it all goes HORRIBLY wrong for them. I think the ideal scenario would be for them to be leading...ohhh, lets say 2-0 with about 10 minutes left. Then Basel pull one back, and its like the Alamo in the Liverpool box. Then in the dying seconds, Skrtl goes to block a cross but slices it into his own net for 2-2 - and its back to Thursday nights on ITV4 for the bindippers once again.

Lovely stuff.

I assume that vital cross only comes in because Gerrard gives the ball away just like v Chelsea last season too...?

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patreon
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

Lovely stuff.
Seeing the way they're playing can't believe they will be scoring many. Their passing is worse than ours. Gerrard and Sterling are awful.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Liverpool absolute tosh tonight. They can't get out of their own half and seem bereft in all departments, no subs on the bench liable to make much impact, what a difference a year makes.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Liverpool blew it, maybe time to sack Rogers and get Sami in, they all love him on Merseyside

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here