Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Plot to kidnap & kill Police Officer in Midlands...

DIFFBROOK

Really Up the Junction
Feb 3, 2005
Yorkshire
Its probably standard, but all officers must work in pairs. And not to wear uniform to work. Worrying times for the general public - as its not a leap of imagination that some sick individual kidnaps anyone and murders them.

Honestly, what has the world come to and what is the answer.

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
Its probably standard, but all officers must work in pairs. And not to wear uniform to work. Worrying times for the general public - as its not a leap of imagination that some sick individual kidnaps anyone and murders them.

Honestly, what has the world come to and what is the answer.

Getting rid of religion would be a start

DIFFBROOK

Really Up the Junction
Feb 3, 2005
Yorkshire
I'm not against peoples beliefs -I'm catholic and the vast vast majority of practising people do so not in a violent way. The nutters who murder will always find a reason to murder. Religion, sexuality, jealousy, or simply cos they are psychopathic. That was why I deliberately chose the word murder - not terrorism or fanaticism.

I think the answer lays in communities. For too long various communities have kept to themselves and not spoken up of individuals that they know are wronguns. There are some positive signs of change, but there is still much more that these communities need to do.

Getting rid of religion would be a start

The Fifth Column

Retired ex-cop
Nov 30, 2010
Escaped from Corruption
I'm not against peoples beliefs -I'm catholic and the vast vast majority of practising people do so not in a violent way. The nutters who murder will always find a reason to murder. Religion, sexuality, jealousy, or simply cos they are psychopathic. That was why I deliberately chose the word murder - not terrorism or fanaticism.

I think the answer lays in communities. For too long various communities have kept to themselves and not spoken up of individuals that they know are wronguns. There are some positive signs of change, but there is still much more that these communities need to do.

I'd agree with most of that and would suggest that one community in particular could well do a lot more in helping root out the problem from within instead of often just quietly acquiescing and then crying foul when yet another one of their 'brothers' is convicted of being a murderous terrorist. I had to laugh the other day when the mother of a Jihadist was whining on about her son getting an overly harsh prison sentence and that she felt betrayed by the police after grassing him up?!? Seriously wtf did she expect to happen? She then went on to say that if she had known what would happen then she would not have gone to the police, and therein lies the problem within that community as many are doing exactly that and just choosing to ignore the issue or turning a blind eye.

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
Yes, good idea! Lets kill/brainwash everybody who isn't an atheist.
Terrible idea, I think I've had more heated discussions about religious beliefs with atheists than any other group which, considering I am one, I find consistently baffling.

D

Deleted member 22389

The evil that comes out and all the other stuff hide behinds religion and that's the problem. So how do you stop it?

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
The NYPD have been given one of these style threats too from some heavily armed gang, threatening to shoot NYPD officers in reaction to the decision on Eric Garner in NYC.

Its possible the 2 are linked, or that the suggestion of this in NY has given someone the idea.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
They'd be lucky to find a Policeman these days.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here